The Witch of Belladonna Bay: A Novel by…

The Witch of Belladonna Bay: A Novel

by Suzanne Palmieri

I would give this book 6 stars if I could. It is the second I've read by the author and I have her new one THE WITCH OF BOURBON STREET to read also, but I'll save it, knowing it will be fantastic and then I'll have a wait for more! The book is filled with so many clear true thoughts and quotes from another wonderful classic, The Little Prince, normally I would put a few quotes i loved in my review but I can't pick there were so many. The book never stopped being Southern, small town quirky, big crazy family magic. Great read summer or whenever, don't miss these books! ( )
  mchwest | Aug 1, 2015 |
** I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion ( )
  lilnursesuhy | Mar 4, 2015 |
I received a copy of The Witch of Belladonna Bay by Suzanne Palmieri in exchange for an honest review.

Bronwyn left her home in Alabama 14 years ago and she’s never looked back. Her childhood memories aren’t the happiest, except when it comes to her brother and her two best friends. Then she gets a message from her father that her brother is in jail for killing her best friend. Bronwyn can’t help but believe in her heart that her brother is no murderer, but if he didn’t do it – who did? This book for me was as close to I get at being terrified! Yup, I’m a proud coward…The writer tells a great story of family relationships, friendships and how they shape us through time and faith in those we love. Even though I had a bit of the heebeejeebies I could not help but read to the very end and even when I thought I’d figured it out, I didn’t. Good storyline with a bit of the paranormal and very mysterious too!
  karmakath | Sep 8, 2014 |
If you're looking for a good book to read this weekend, look no further. The Witch of Belladonna Bay by Suzanne Palmieri is an engaging read about the ups and downs of family life, regrets, getting lost, and finding your way home again. Add a dash of magic into the mixture and you have a book that will keep you glued to the pages all weekend long.

Bronwyn hasn't been home in fourteen years. When she left, she had no intention of coming back to her town of Magnolia Creek, Alabama. However circumstances changed when she gets a call from her father telling her that her brother has been arrested for murder and she must come home to look after his daughter Byrd. Though reluctant, Bronwyn gets on a plane to return to the home she never wanted to see again. She knows her brother is innocent, she just has to prove it. But of course, once she returns old memories, friends, and ghosts start to haunt her. Palmieri weaves a magical, Gothic tale about three generations of women who are not only connected by blood but also magic.

Bronwyn must try to figure out the mystery of who killed her former best friend, and why her brother confessed to a murder he didn't commit. Not to mention, she has to deal with her dysfunctional family and try to mend broken fences. The story is told from three different view points: Bronwyn, Byrd, and Naomi. This dynamic mixture of women makes for an entertaining read.

Read more at http://www.toreadornottoread.net/2014/07/review-witch-of-belladonna-bay.html#1W9... ( )
  mt256 | Sep 1, 2014 |
Leaving home when she was seventeen, after her mothers death and a fight with her father, Wynn moves from the sultry south to the north. She has a relationship with Ben, who hopes to marry her, but she is called back home when a young niece that she has never met, needs her. The younger brother she left behind is now in prison for killing Wynn's best friend of her youth and possibly for the death of her young son.

It was very easy to be drawn into this story, the characters and the descriptions were just fantastic. The hot, humid weather, cold lemonade, magnolia trees, and a young Byrd, aged eleven who is a wonderful little girl with an old soul. There is southern charm, and a whole lot of magic. There are spirits who talk and try to guide the way. Young love and a huge mystery that must be solved.

A novel about finding ones self as Wynn finally learns, "If you're broken, be broken. If you're crazy, be crazy, If you're opinionated, yell your opinions from the rooftop. If you have strange ways? See it as a blessing, not a curse."

A novel about forgiveness, coming to terms with the past. Ultimately a novel about coming home again. ( )
  Beamis12 | Aug 25, 2014 |

Bronwyn "BitsyWyn" Walen hasn't set eyes on the red dirt of Magnolia Creek, Alabama, for fourteen years--not since her mama died. But with her brother, Patrick, imprisoned for the murder of her childhood best friend, and her eccentric father, Jackson, at his wits' end while her eleven-year-old niece, Byrd, runs wild, Bronwyn finds herself once again surrounded by ancient magnolia trees and the troubled family she left behind. She becomes immersed in a whirlwind of mystery and magic as she tries to figure out what really happened that fateful night her friend died. And as her bond with Byrd deepens, Bronwyn must face the demons of her past in order to unravel her family's uncertain future.… (more)

Suzanne Palmieri is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible