In the End by Tracey Ward

In the End

by Tracey Ward

I was really hoping that the next book would be from Jordan's point of view and I got my wish. I have to say that the author definitely knows how to speak from a guy's pov. It wasn't sweet and swoony (don't get me wrong, I love me some swoon most of the time), but it was honest and raw. Being in Jordan's head was real and revealing. I could believe he really cared for Alissa but he struggled with the idea of is he capability of dealing with the baggage she comes with, and at the same time knows he has his own baggage too.

I thought if Jordan's thoughts was too sweet and sappy it wouldn't have fit with what was taking place around him. He was definitely a guy and you get that from the writing. His personality came through clearly from his thoughts and his usual funny banter between him and Alissa. Of course I did felt like he needed a mental break sometimes. I thought his Zombie Apocalypse rules, that he was so stringent with was overwhelming him. I felt like he needed to relax and let someone else take the the worry off his shoulders. He would probably think that doing that would get him killed.

Not as fast paced as the first book but I still enjoyed it. Even with all the zombie flesh munching and killing the most difficult parts for me was dealing with Syd's constant over-protectiveness of Alissa and his unfounded dislike for Jordan. I know, it was fatherly protectiveness but it made me not much of a fan of his. I liked him at the end of the previous book but not so much in this.

It was an interesting conclusion but I would have liked to learn more about the aftermath and the why's of some of the things that took place throughout the series. Maybe the spin-off series will answer some of those unanswered questions. Really good story that will leave me with that creeptastic feeling for awhile. **Shivers**

GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author, via Goodreads, in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: I still have a huge, probably disturbing, love of zombie books. I’ll admit that I was pretty excited to read In the End because I loved the first one so much, Until the End.

In the End is written from Jordan’s point of view, which was a nice little switch-up. I will admit to being a huge fan of Jordan’s character and kinda wish there was a real person like him to meet. Once you’re in his head you realize he’s bit whinier than he seemed in book one, but I’m pretty sure everyone whines more in their head.

I wasn’t as much of a fan of the plot for In the End. It centered more on finding a “settlement” and included a lot of Alissa’s “Uncle” Sid. I didn’t particularly like Sid because he was consistently a jerk to Jordan, simply because there was romantic involvement with Alissa. Get over it. She’s definitely old enough to make her own decisions on that front. I’m also really not much of a fan of zombie books once they join an established community. I tend to get bored without the constant dangerous action.

There were pieces to the plot that were extremely unusual and I’ve never seen them in another zombie book. Kudos to the author for that. I love it when an author can surprise me, especially within the zombie genre. I desperately want to say exactly what surprised me, but my main rule with reviews is no spoilers. I can say that it was surprising how the author dealt with zombie bites, specifically referencing “immunity” and a cure. The set up and organization of community, within a quarantined zone, was also unique for In the End.

Overall, I am a big fan of In the End and by extension The Quarantined Series. I’m pretty pumped to read the Survival Series now and can’t wait. I would definitely recommend In the End, after you read Until the End first.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.wordpress.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | May 30, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,402,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible