Not Who I Want to Be by Glenn Sasscer

by Glenn Sasscer

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byamandafite

No reviews

A person's self-image is their mental picture of themselves and can be quite resistant to deliberate change while naturally accepting transitions from the environment surrounding us. Our perspective, the way we see ourselves, may include physical or measurable details, such as height, weight, hair color, gender, and IQ score, but also includes qualities from personal experiences, traits developed by internalizing or accepting the judgments of others, and specific characteristics we adapt from others, whether we desire to assimilate them or not.

If we are not influenced by God's Word, we will be influenced by the world. The way we see ourselves is naturally influenced by the world around us. To find the image by which we were created takes deliberate effort and focus. We will not accidentally stumble upon our true selves unless we go looking, unless we search diligently, and unless we sift through the counterfeit images and false masks cloaking our real identity.

Being real, genuine, or who God calls us to be is not a destination; it is a lifestyle. This lifestyle begins by purposely recognizing the unfiltered and unchecked information stored away and accepted as part of our self-image and deliberately cleaning it out. This lifestyle continues by establishing a filter for the untruths, a standard to compare what is false to what is real and what is counterfeit to what is genuine. To do this, we must have a standard for comparison… we must know the one true Standard for comparison.

This book begins by analyzing the external sources of our self-image, how these sources influence our lives, and works through finding our truth in Scripture and in the example given to us in the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus becomes our Standard and Filter to find a true reflection and what it means to be real and genuine.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:38 -0400)

We have a longing and a thirst when we look past our worldly reflection... a thirst for something more. God created us in the divine image and likeness, and created a desire within us to be real and genuine. If you look to your inner reflection, are you truly who you want to be? Being real, genuine, or who God calls us to be is not a destination... it is a lifestyle. This lifestyle begins by purposely recognizing the unfiltered and unchecked information stored away and accepted as part of our self-image and deliberately cleaning it out. To do this, we must have a standard for comparison. Not Who I Want to Be begins by analyzing the external sources of our self-image and how these sources influence our lives. It then works through finding our truth in Scripture and in the example given to us in the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus becomes our standard and filter to find a true reflection and what it means to be real and genuine.… (more)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,858,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible