Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based…

Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes

by Brendan Brazier

192537,190 (3.7)None

I was sent a copy of the book for review though Net Galley, as always, all opinions are my own.

It’s unfortunate that this cookbook doesn’t fit in with my current publication schedule for my blog because it is packed full of healthy, easy to prepare recipes, that are useful even if you aren’t following the Thrive diet. I really liked the way each recipe is broken down, there are color coded keys at the top for those who are looking for gluten free, protein rich, super nutrient dense, raw, or transition recipes. Also easy to find are the prep time and special equipment needed for each recipe. While not all of the recipes appeal to my way of eating, many of them could easily be incorporated into my diet, although living in a small town some of the ingredients would be difficult to find. ( )
  NotStarvingYet | Mar 28, 2014 |
The Thrive Energy Cookbook is based on the Thrive philosophy that states :"plant based, whole food, high-net-gain, and alkaline forming without producing biological debt." The author devised this philosophy for the purpose of athletic training and there are sport-specific labels for recipes that help you prepare for, sustain and recover from a workout as well as sport-specific recipes at the end of the book.

While some ingredients may be harder to find, such as seaweed and agar powder; I was surprised to see that so many of the recipes looked delicious and easy to make. These recipes would be good for anyone looking for a healthier diet, you do not necessarily have to be an athlete. For me, a lot of the recipes use veggies straight out of the garden in the summer months. The recipes are divided into type of food. Here are some of my favorites recipes from several sections:

Mornings: Raspberry Lemon Yerba Matte looked really easy and healthy; you can also learn how to make chocolate cream, oatmeal with mango mousse and raspberries and hot apple pie waffles.

Appetizers and sides: summer rolls with mango lime and mint dipping sauce, grilled asian eggplant, and grilled zucchini,

Sandwiches, Wraps and Burgers: The big green sandwich and black bean chipotle quesadillas,

Smoothies, Fresh Juices and Warm Drinks: All of these looked delicious, but I am definitely going to try the tropical breeze, super berry frenzy and super-fruit sangria.

Desserts: Cocoa and orange nut cookies, blood orange and ginger citrus tart.

The book was provided for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Mishker | Mar 14, 2014 |

Easy-to-make and performance-enhancing, these chef-created recipes merge purpose driven functionality (every ingredient has a nutritional purpose) with mouth-watering appeal. From the alkaline-forming, plant protein–packed Vanilla-Almond-Mocha Motivator Smoothie to Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup, Thai Green Curry Rice Bowl, and desserts such as Raspberry Chocolate Pomegranate Tart, Thrive Energy Cookbook will have you quickly preparing nutrient-packed and delicious dishes.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:16 -0400)

Packed with 150 plant-based, nutrient-dense, whole food recipes developed within the Thrive nutritional philosophy, Thrive Energy Cookbook brings concepts that started the functional, plant-based nutrition revolution to life. Recipes are all vegan and allergen-free (or with gluten-free options) to eliminate wheat, yeast, gluten, soy, refined sugar, and dairy from your diet. Easy-to-make and performance-enhancing, these chef-created recipes merge purpose driven functionality (every ingredient has a nutritional purpose) with mouth-watering appeal.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,607,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible