Whore: You will suffer dearly for your sins…

Whore: You will suffer dearly for your sins street bitch

by Richard Porter

322,001,085 (3)None

Billy Ray Walker knows nothing but pain and suffering at the hands of his mother. Billy did something he didn't even think possible~killing his mother. In Billy's loneliness seeks out another person to be treated like he was. Joann is streetwalker and nothing ever comes easy including being streetwalker. Now Joann finds herself kidnapped and doesn't know how to get out of this situation. Will Billy Ray be caught? Will Joann be found? Your answers await you in Whore.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. The title of the book only gives you a partial glimpse into what the book is about. I honestly felt sorry for Billy Ray and Joann. Two people who couldn't be more pitiful and miserable in their lives. I wish the author good luck in future projects. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | Jul 17, 2014 |
I received a review copy of this eBook. I will admit straight away that I did not finish it, for reasons I will mention later.

I love horror novels, thrillers, detective novels. I usually go through at least two a week. So how is it that, three months after receiving this, I have only made it 1/4 of the way through the book?

- This book needs an editor. The chapter headers are formatted inconsistently. There are inconsistencies and confusing grammar, as well as apostrophes in front of verbs where there is neither a word missing or an abbreviation.
- While the author did warn that the book is not for the faint of heart, that (in my opinion) is not proper warning before evolving the story into cannibalism. (I might not have the strongest stomach, and I did try to finish it, but it was just too graphic. Says the girl who has seen her share of movies with cannibalism subplots and actually finished them.) I'm afraid that everything after page 57 will be left undiscovered for me. First book / movie in years that I have not finished. ( )
  swedechick | Jun 16, 2014 |

For thousands of years prostitution has been a way to earn a living for some women. Yet in this tale of "Whore" never have the ladies of the night receive such a rude awakening. This time sleeping is not an option.

He pushed her against the wall of the dilapidated, deserted building that was destined to be razed for another renewal zone in New York City at the beginning of the 20th century. The new electric streetlights softly lit up her face. She was young thin and frightened. Her body was so small that from a distance, she looked like she might be a little child, but upon closer inspection, the curves of her tiny frame convinced him that she might be 15 or 18.

Down in the basement, Billy Ray wasted no time talking to the girl. He just poured out the few drops of sleeping potion onto his handkerchief and held it to her face until she stopped screaming. When she was still, he looked from her to Joann. The strap around the older sister's waist had cut into her badly when her stomach started to swell. Even now, it would take some work to get her out of it and Marianne into it. He would find a way to do that later. For now, Marianne had to stay strapped to the table.

“I'm not going to lie to you, Billy. Your mother says to beat you very solid. She saw how you turned the tables on me the other day, and she will have none of that this time. Once you had a good flailing' though, she is going to forgive you and leave you alone.”

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Richard Porter's book Whore: You will suffer dearly for your sins street bitch was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,592,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible