Reborn by C. C. Spivey

Melissa Cushing's review
Feb 28, 2014

41/2 of 5 stars
Read in February, 2014

Here is the description for Reborn.... just to start! :)

Reborn is best described as D'Jango Unchained, meets 50 shades of grey... with vampires. Reborn is a captivating cross of both fiction and non-fiction that is not for the faint of heart. The story touches many emotions, boundaries, pleasures, and experiences, some expected, some sacred, some taboo and even blows some of them out of the water. The characters came to life while reading well into the night. The story is so well written, I didn't want to put it down. This is an excellent twist on an old tale.
. It is a story for an open mind, Enjoy at your own risk...

OK... I give this book 4 1/2 STARS! I LOVED it! This is a story for paranormal lovers, vampire lovers, new adult/erotica lovers (@ times), romance lovers, historical romance lovers...so many wonderful genres wrapped into one! This is honestly a fabulous read! This is a new author for me and I had never heard of her before this and I was extremely impressed with this author’s masterpiece and writing style! Her writing was amazing and the detail was perfect! I never wanted to skim, I simply wanted to read and treasure each & every word! I will say that yes, to me it personally was a masterpiece that took me on a journey I had NEVER expected! I only gave it 4 1/2 stars versus 5 because of a few grammatical errors I encountered that threw me for a loop a times, but again, this is an Indie author that did an AMAZING job at creating a world that I could not pull myself away from and could never have imagined on my own. This was a long book and a long journey with the characters BUT I did not want it to end! That says a TON about a book.

OK……so this is a story about Mayan, a young slave girl who is on the run at a young age due to the loss of her mother. She survives on her own until she is caught by a farmer for stealing food to survive and is traded on the slave market at a young age. She is purchased by The Deacon to be a house slave on his plantation. The first part of the book focuses on her life as a house slave. She gains a family in her fellow plantation slaves..... namely Tiny, Mouse, Miss Mabel, Mister Charlie and Chicken, BUT she also endures the horrific treatment of The Deacon. The Deacon is a true monster.

Further into the novel she is near death and on the run from The Deacon and is saved by the Dark Angel of her dreams, Tytarion Gaylord. After he saves her life and begins to spoil her, which is something she was NEVER accustomed too, he asks her to be his lifelong mate as a vampire after he explains the history of his lineage and how the vampires came to be. She accepts his offer wholeheartedly and the story continues on with her 250+ year journey with Tytarion the rich and wealthy vampire. He teaches her to be a proper lady by hiring the best tutors and seamstresses as well as teaches her to live the secret life of a vampire. I just loved the transformation of her character from a timid, abused slave girl to a strong willed woman and character! I loved Mayan BUT loved Tytarion's character even more. Do not get me wrong, there were times he frustrated me with his controlling ways and over protectiveness, but he was putty in Mayan's hands regardless and simply was trying to make her the amazing character she became. I loved his devotion to her from the beginning and I was so very sad with the ending, although you knew that was her destiny.... eventually. I had hoped somehow that something would be different for Mayan and Tytarion. I would honestly have loved a sequel because I just did not want to end the journey with this author’s story. It was tragic, BUT realistic for the times... sadly enough. A true classic and favorite for me... I will be promoting this book for sure! Here are 2 of my favorite excerpts from the book:

This excerpt is when Tytarion found Mayan's special birthmark that marks her as a true mate....

Tytarion dropped to his knees in front of her, "Mayan, would you bestow upon me the honor of becoming my mate and companion for all eternity? I promise to worship you and treat you like a princess. You will never want for anything as long as we are together. Don't you see? When I found you in that cave, cold and alone and near death, something pulled me to you. And if it wasn't for that something, I never would have found you. Mayan, we were meant to be together."

He wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her soft, smooth belly. "Please Mayan, say that you will be my mate, for all eternity." He looked up at her as he begged on his knees.

And my other favorite.... This encounter is the 1st night after Mayan's change to becoming an Immortal:

This was the first time that Mayan had ventured outside of the house since Tytarion had brought her there, and it was magnificent. Everything around her was beautiful. Everything that surrounded her was alive with a pulse. She could hear it, she could feel it, she could taste it, and she could smell it and it all felt grand. However, all of her enjoyment was disrupted when she caught the strong overpowering scent of blood. Fresh blood, hot blood.

Please, if you are a lover of a FABULOUS novel and love any of the above listed genres you so need to read this amazing story! ( )
  mcushing7 | Mar 7, 2014 |

MAYAN was born into a hard life of slavery. She was raised in a time when African Americans were owned and mistreated by their masters. Mayan's mother was born of pure African blood. She was owned and sexually abused by Mayan's father, a white slave master. Mayan's skin is fair and she possesses the most beautiful emerald green eyes ever seen on a person of color. TYTARION, who's vampire clan originates from deep in the heart of the dark, uncharted jungles of Africa, discovered Mayan hiding in a cave, on the run from her crazed and abusive master, THE DEACON. Cold, alone and near death, Tytarion takes Mayan back to his home and nurses her back to health with hopes that she will become his mate, and REBORN into a life of immortality. Tytarion has spent his entire life in search of his perfect mate, special enough to fill the void in his life yet strong enough to bare him a son to carry on his vampire bloodline...Mayan, is that mate. He will stop at nothing to have her. And her life will never be the same.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:34 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,295,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible