Opalescent by Sarah Elle Emm

Opalescent

by Sarah Elle Emm

212,551,640 (2)None
Recently added byAReneeHunt, SarahElleEmm

I was given this ebook for an honest review by Book R3vi3w Tours and I'm sorry they did. I didn't like the first book and this one was no better. It's a dystopian tale of how children of bi-racial heritage stood against a tyrannous ex-United States.

The nations has been divided up into zones according to race with bi-racials being the lowest of the lowest, because they weren't pure. It was ridiculous and tiring, but I have to admit it was original. To a degree.

I am in an interracial marriage with interracial children, so I had a personal stake (because I immerse myself in my books) in this- I wanted the bi-racials to win! Then after a while, as with the first book, I didn't care. I just wanted to be done with it. ( )
  AReneeHunt | Sep 1, 2015 |

Still enslaved in a mixed-race zone within the United Zones of the Authority, Rain Hawkins is part of a secret resistance preparing to take on the tyrannical President Nicks before plans to kill the mixed zones across UZTA are executed. When unsettling dreams and a mysterious voice begin to haunt the dark nights, Rain fears someone more powerful than she has discovered the resistance and their secret abilities. With a known Authority spy on her heels, and her boyfriend, Jabari, suddenly acting strange, Rain doesn't know who to trust and if the voices calling to her are friend or foe. As conditions across all of the zones get worse and the stakes rise, Rain embarks on a quest for answers that will put the people she cares about most in more danger or take them one step closer to the truth and their eventual freedom.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

Sarah Elle Emm is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,431,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible