Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery) by…

Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery)

by Mary Marks

4 STARS

This is book two in A Quilting Mystery. The issues in this cozy mystery dealing with the homeless was sad but also shows a way too that anyone can do something and if you get a group together can help. She also shows us how greed and corruption can do a lot of damage. I did not put the book down till I finished and look forward to the next book.

It is very relatable to me. I really like Martha and her friends. I could not decide who I wanted Martha to choose. Arlo really let her down in so many ways. Crusher I liked but she really does not know a lot about him.

Martha has been dating Arlo for four months since she met him. Martha loves quilting, is feisty, curious and loyal. She also has issues of trusting men. I share some of the same health issues and close to the same age but I don't try to solve murders or find dead bodies.

Martha finds a dead body while out for a walk. She calls her boyfriend LAPD homicide detective Arlo Beavers. She knows that the easy suspect is her neighbor but she believes he is innocent and she wants to help him. She can get people to talk to her because of she is no threat.

I like that we see more than just Martha finding suspects and trying to help her neighbor. We see a lot of everyday life around Martha and feel with her about the trouble she is facing.

The setting in this book is San Fernando Valley, CA. It is a regular neighborhood with a rich private school who rushed into hurry and build a big ball park in the neighborhood. I felt like I was their with them.

I was given this ebook to read and in return I agreed to give honest review of Knot In My Backyard and be part of its book tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 11, 2014 |

When she stumbles over the body of baseball coach Dax Martin, middle-age divorcee Martha Ross and her fellow quilters must piece together the clues to figure out who in their neighborhood wanted the coach benched permanently.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,826,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible