Broken Trust (A Nora Abbott Mystery) by…

Broken Trust (A Nora Abbott Mystery)

by Shannon Baker

611,268,033 (3.5)None

My Review: Broken Trust

3 1/2stars

I believe this is book 2 of Nora Abbott Mysteries. It is the first book of it that I have read. I was surprised at some of the twists and turns the story took. The science of the book is over my head not sure what parts are fiction and what is real. But left me curious to find out more.

Since I had not read the first book I wonder how much I had missed they refer to it a lot though.
Nora sees Hopi Kachinas that no one else sees. She wonders if she is crazy for it. Nora for the past year has been by herself since she moved to Colorado. She has a hard time getting over the murder of her husband and a 17 year old girl. She is now scared of heights.

Nora finds a job at Loving Earth Trust after last accountant left in a hurry. She was murdered.
The body is found on day one of her job. Also her mom shows up at her work and a Cole from the first book turns up too.

Loving Earth Trust is supposed to be saving the planet. One of the top people is more worried about finding the right $50,000 light fixture for her house.

There are plenty of wacky characters in the story. Some you want to hate and others you pity.
The romance part is very weak and somewhat confusing on a couple of couples.
I think I would probably enjoy the book more if I had read the first book. Or at least understand some more of the characters.
was enjoyable. Loved the setting at top of mountain peak of Colorado.

I was given this ebook to read and asked to give honest review by NetGalley and Midnight Ink.
publication: March 8th 2014 by Midnight Ink 360 pages ISBN:9780738734255 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Mar 8, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 073873425X, Paperback)

With one of the world’s greatest natural resources at stake, Nora Abbott battles a legacy of corruption and deceit

When a chance meeting on a hiking trail leads to a position at a nonprofit in Boulder, Colorado, Nora feels lucky to have a job . . . even after she finds out that the previous financial director has gone missing.

With her suspicions of foul play confirmed by her Kachina guardian, Nora doesn’t know who to trust in an organization that’s rife with deceit and corruption. As she’s pulled deeper into a treacherous conspiracy, an unannounced visit from her mother and a reunion with Cole Huntsman have Nora playing tug of war with her own feelings. Fearful for her own life and the safety of those she loves the most, Nora wonders if her new beginning in Boulder will turn out to be a deadly mistake.

Praise:

"Baker deftly escalates the stakes of her initially straightforward story, which takes a much more serious turn before arriving at its unexpected conclusion." —Publishers Weekly

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:22 -0400)

"Troubled Nora Abbott moves to Colorado and takes a job with an environmental trust, but her predecessor soon turns up dead"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,806,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible