Goldi Rocks & the Three Bears by Corey Rosen…

Goldi Rocks & the Three Bears

by Corey Rosen Schwartz

Summary: Similar to the classic folk tale, Goldi enters the bear's home unannounced while they are out. She tries out their musical items, such as headphones, microphones, and instruments, before falling asleep. When the family comes home, they realize they've found what they were out searching for! A soprano singer.
  Rightmeier2194 | Feb 16, 2017 |
Goldilocks with a musical twist. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
Summary
The three bears needed a lead singer for their band so they decided to host try outs to pick their new band member. Goldi was walking by the bear’s house and smelled porridge and entered the house while the bears were gone. When she walked in she saw their studio so she decided to sing. When the bears came home they found Goldi asleep on their piano. When Goldi she decided to become a member of their band, Goldi Rocks and the Three Bear Band hit the rock charts.

Personal Reflection
My grandpa was a member of a church band. When I was younger they let me sing with them at church. I found a love for music after hearing them sing and play their instruments. I still sing at church and this book reminds me of the great memories I have singing with The Laymen.

Classroom Extension
1.I could bring instruments to class and explain their purpose and let the children play the instruments.
2.The students could write their own story about Goldi.
3.I could read the story Goldi Locks and the Three Bears and we could compare the stories.
  HaleyMcPherson | Mar 18, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed this book because of the use of rhyme and the twist on a traditional fairytale. The use of rhyme was fitting because the three bears were in a rock band. As you read the text, it was natural to almost sing it out. The author wrote, "Three bears in a band jammed with ease. The papa bear drummed, the mama bear strummed, and the baby bear tickled the keys." I also loved the twist on Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Instead of the bears being angry to find Goldi, they were happy because she was able to sing and she completed their band. The message I took from this book is don't judge a book by its cover. Everyone has talents that you would never know just by looking at them. ( )
  NikkiDahlen | Apr 8, 2014 |

Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear know how to rock! But they need a new singer, so they audition everyone—the Three Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and more. To their dismay, no one seems just right.

Could the perfect lead singer be the mysterious girl sleeping on Baby Bear’s keyboard?

This mash up of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and The Voice is a surefire storytime hit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:06 -0400)

In this fractured fairy tale, the Three Bear Band holds tryouts for a lead singer.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,080,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible