Laura's Wolf by Lia Silver

Laura's Wolf

by Lia Silver

The mythology in this universe is really interesting but I have to admit proper romance tropes make me feel kinda weird when it's a heterosexual pairing, guess I can't get over all the associations even when the guy in question is great about it. I did like the fact that the heroine is "curvaceaous" (or maybe it was "voluptuous") and that was made OK. But, oth, it was made OK through sex and the attraction the hero felt for her, which is logical but irks me in my individualist soul that believes we each need to see ourselves as valuable on our own (I don't actually know this to be possible, but it *feels* like it should). One of the central themes of the book being how we can afford to rely on others and be "weak" at times, trusting them to catch us, which I agree with theoretically but I'm not altogether comfortable with emotionally, which kept me from identifying with either of them much.

BUT didn't stop me from reading it cover to metaphorical cover in under three days, so if you ARE looking for romance but want to update from the traditional ones where the girl gets saved a lot to one where she does most of the saving (realistically for her regular person qualifications), definitely go for this. I prefer "Prisoner" out of the two and would REALLY like to see Danielle (AKA Five) Torres' story or possibly Nicolette's. I'm really looking forward to more DJ and Echo.

Oh, when you get there, the pun with the title made me smile :)

askajnaiman | Jun 14, 2016 |
I find this book hard to rate. I like the world and the story... until the big rescue scene at approx. 3/5ths of the book. After that, it just ambled along and became almost boring.
Rating: 7/10 ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Paranormal Romance. Roy was a marine he has been turned werewolf and has PTSD. Laura is a bank teller conwoman hiding in a cabin. OK-
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
More of a romance novel than are Prisoner and Partner (aka Echo's Wolf). Exciting and engaging. I will definitely look for more by this author. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Mar 20, 2015 |

Oh, when you get there, the pun with the title made me smile :)

Evalangui | Aug 22, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,720,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible