The Hunger Omnibus Edition by Jason Brant

The Hunger Omnibus Edition

by Jason Brant

212,551,640 (5)None

First of all I just want to state that I don’t own the Omnibus edition but I have bought and read all three books of The Hunger by Jason Brant and you are welcome to look at my reviews under my name. With that said I sure wish I had been able to buy them in one big book, not just because you save money but because it was sheer torture waiting on each new one to come out.

In Book 1 Devoured we first met Lance who’s a bit of a loser. He can’t hold a job, his marriage is on the rocks and things just aren’t going very well for him. During the zombie outbreak he runs into Cass who’s completely awesome. She’s a bit standoffish, speaks her mind and knows how to take care of herself. Together they make their way towards one of the safe zones and try to survive the mutated zombie threat.

In Book 2: Consumed Lance, Cass and their friends end up crossing paths with a crazed militant who’s intent on destroying anyone he can’t control. Not only do the heroes have to survive against countless zombies but also against their fellow humans.

In Book 3: Ravaged Lance, Cass and the rest are forced to make their final stand. Things are once again changing in the world and they’re caught right in the middle of it all.

I love these books. I enjoy that the story just kicks right in with the action yet also has characters with a lot of depth. There is just nothing about this series that I didn’t love. The tension just continually rises from the very first book all the way to the end of the last one and there were times that I had to cheat and flip ahead to make sure my favorite characters were okay and I hate cheating like that. Only the best of stories make me do that. Seriously I can’t say enough good things about this series or this author. Plus this cover just rocks! Consumed starts the series out perfectly and Ravages ends it perfectly. There was literally nothing I could have wished for that would have made this series any better. The zombies or Vladdies are literally the stuff of nightmares and there were so many scenes that just had me sitting on the edge of my chair, holding my breath in dread. You’re definitely going to want to sleep with a night light after reading this one. ( )
  Jamiesbookblog | Mar 11, 2014 |

Jason Brant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,027,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible