Meant to Be Mine by Becky Wade

Meant to Be Mine

by Becky Wade

I love this book and I love thePorter Family. We get to learn more about each of the brothers (and sister Dru in book four). I was crushed for Celia in the beginning of the story. No one should have to go through what she went through. There is so much chemistry between Celia and Ty. I feel like Mrs. Porter. In book one, I thought Bo was my favorite. After reading "Meant to be Mine" I am sure Ty has taken that spot. I found this book to be a delightful read that I couldn't put down. ( )
  Sandralb | Aug 30, 2016 |
"I'm in love with someone else." Yep. Those six words are a death knell in every romance fan's heart. They're usually accompanied by the reader's audible gasp and a "noooooooooo" ... which are then joined by odd looks from whomever happens to be around said reader. (Don't ask me how I know this. I just do.) These are the same six words that Ty Porter and Celia Park have to overcome in "Meant to be Mine". Well, that and a pint-sized teal-glasses-and-pink-cowboy-boots-wearing scene stealer named Addie. :)

Don't tell anyone (especially Bo)... but Ty's my favorite! Cocky, flirty, charming, dimpled, cowboy Ty. There were several times while reading that I wanted to jerk a knot in him, but who am I kidding? If I were ever to get close enough for knot-jerking, I would probably just end up grinning at him like a dope instead. He has that way about him.

Things I loved: Ty learning about princesses, Celia trying and failing to resist his charms, their banter, Ty telling Addie a bedtime story for the first time (FAVE scene in the book! SO cute! "It was good for your first try."), Celia's return to God - the simplicity and sweetness of it, Celia's true-to-life battle with forgiving Ty ("She shut the Bible and dashed into the pantry to alphabetize her spices. She couldn't deal with forgiveness today. Maybe tomorrow."), Ty's return to God - the simplicity and sweetness of it, the KISSING - SO MUCH KISSING!!!!! :)

Things I didn't love: Tawny... but that means Becky Wade wrote her right lol

Again as in Undeniably Yours, I thought Becky Wade's writing voice was truly enjoyable. Witty and sweet at the same time without being too much of either one.

I give Meant to Be Mine 5 out of 5 stars and a place on my favorites shelf!

I won a copy of Meant to Be Mine from the author in a giveaway. There was no request for a review; I just loved the book so much I wanted to give one!

MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
Another 5 star contemporary romance novel by Becky Wade. I was late to work this morning. Even though I thought I already knew how this story would end, I just had to read the last pages anyways. Just because Becky Wade writes such great contemporary romance novels. They are sweet, but still full of zest and vigorous. You are never sure what her delightfully charming characters are going to do next, or what awful obstacle life will throw at them in the next moment. Lots of angst, heartache, disappointment and misunderstandings, along with genuine growth and new insights to life and romance. Enough to keep you turning pages eagerly. It is lucky I have no more novels by Becky Wade to read right now, or I may never have made it out of my house this morning. I have loved all the books Becky has written, but I think this is the best!!!! (of course, I think I might say that as each new one is published!) This is one I had to wait impatiently for as my Mom got ahold of it before me and read it first. In one day, I might add.

I received this book free from Emily at Graf-Martins through their Nuts About Books program in exchange for an honest opinion. A positive critique was not required. The opinions are my own. ( )
  mbarkman | Jun 30, 2014 |
Meant To Be Mine, a story of a one night stand, or married love for one night, and then not seeing each other for almost five years! That doesn’t quite sound right, but what Ty Porter tells his wife of about eight hours, the morning after their wedding, will and does break Celia Park’s heart. I can’t even imagine, the pain she felt, trying to place myself in her shoes, and the reality of what he says.
Flip ahead the five years, and that is where most of this book takes place, and we meet the result of that one night of married bliss, her name is Addie, precocious and loveable almost five year old. Enter a new or old depending on how you look at it Daddy, that you have never met. Now Ty, a professional and well to do Bull Rider, can give the little one anything she desires, but her Mom, is like a brick wall, and doesn’t want either of them hurt again.
Can Ty replace the trust he has lost, can Cellia offer what is so very hard, and Forgiveness as Christ has forgiven her? Wow! Yes it will take a lot hard praying, and trying to put myself in her shoes, it would be very hard. There are quite a few chuckles to be had, and a lot of bantering here. Ty comes from a family, which everyone would love to have, you can feel then wrap their arms around you, and they are there for you with more than a hug.
Can these two become a family and make it three? Or will the love of Ty’s life become available and finally say yes to him? How much is either Celia or Ty willing to sacrifice to forgive and make a home together? Once you start on this journey with them, you won’t be able to put the book down until you have all of the answers! Enjoy!

I received this book through Litfuse Publicity Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jun 10, 2014 |

Ty Porter has always been irresistible to Celia Park. All through high school--irresistible. When their paths cross again after college--still irresistible. This time, though, Ty seems to feel exactly the same way about Celia. Their whirlwind romance deposits them at a street-corner Las Vegas wedding chapel.

The next morning they wake to a marriage certificate and a dose of cold reality. Celia's ready to be Ty's wife, but Ty's not ready to be her husband. He's a professional bull rider, he lives on the road, and he's long planned to settle down with the hometown girl he's known since childhood.

Five and a half years pass. Celia's buried her dreams so that she can afford to raise her daughter. Ty's achieved all of his goals. Or thought he had, until he looks again into the eyes of the woman he couldn't forget and into the face of the child he never knew he had.

How much will Ty sacrifice to win back Celia's trust and prove to her that their spontaneous marriage can still become the love of a lifetime?

Praise for Becky Wade

"Definitely one for the keeper shelf!"--USA Today on Undeniably Yours

"A sweet contemporary romance that will make for the perfect summer read."--Novel Crossing on Undeniably Yours

"A feisty heroine, romance, and comedy make this a fabulous debut and Wade an author to follow."--Library Journal on My Stubborn Heart

"A perfect 5 out of 5 stars...can't wait to find more from Becky in the near future. This is a must-read for your summer love stories!"--Reviews from the Heart blog on My Stubborn Heart

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:28 -0400)

"When bull rider Ty Porter comes face to face with the one woman he could never forget, can he convince her he's finally ready for love?"--

Becky Wade is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,739,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible