To the Sea by Deirdre Riordan Hall
411,664,912 (3)None

DISCLAIMER: I was sent a free copy of this by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I think this was a good start for Deirdre Riordan Hall's first published book. I liked it for the most part. The story itself had a lot of potential. I really enjoyed the good chunk of the book that focused on Kira's self-discovery. She was someone who was so eager to get away from the hippie lifestyle her parents raised her in, she easily lost herself on the way. She became too dependent on the need for structure and stability, and it was nice to see her come to that realization.

I did have a few hang-ups though. In my honost opinion, this story could have done without the first few chapters. I don't think it was completely necessary.

I think the story would have benefited from having less of the drama with Jeremy and more of the build-up betwen Ian and Kira's relationship. Aside from those things, I think this story had some good bones to it. I commend Kira for being able to move forward and get past all the shit those assholes did to her, and there were quite a few assholes in this story. ( )
  IreneQueen | Mar 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,457,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible