The Dune by Bruce Beckham

The Dune

by Bruce Beckham

711,138,814 (3)None

I received a free copy through the author and goodreads (thank you! I really appreciate having a chance to read this book).

I feel like I should start by saying that the genre wasn't really up my alley. That's probably why I didn't rate it higher, even though it was intriguing. Still, I liked it, and here's what I really enjoyed about it:

I liked the birding aspect, and I learned a lot about various birds, plants, etc. I feel weird about saying that, because I don't mean to imply that the book felt overtly educational or dry or anything like that. It was just interesting, and there were a lot of fantastic details.

Additionally, I've got to comment on the writing style. Each sentence was so carefully written. And it contributed perfectly to a seaside feeling (and, at times, a foreboding atmosphere. This book was fantastic at being atmospheric).

Finally, the ending. Wow, I did not see that coming. Without giving anything away, I thought it was going to be predictable and stereotypical, and was I ever wrong.

So, all in all, a good book, and I'm curious to check out Bruce Beckham's crime fiction now. ( )
  bucketofrhymes | Dec 13, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,517,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible