Spin by CD Reiss

Spin

by CD Reiss

Enjoyed this book but expected to as I have enjoyed all of C D Reiss' books thus far. I'm looking forward to book 2 in the series ( )
  VictoriaJ1707 | Jul 2, 2016 |
Joint review with Victoria

Karina:

Phew, Antonio is INTENSE. Raw and straightforward and very honest. He did not f*ck around, ladies and gents! But it's Theresa which surprised the hell out of me. Apparently that quiet pool had a lot of hidden depth. Or maybe Spin brought all the crazy in her to the surface. She was fabulous, and I honestly don't know what to expect from that woman anymore. Great beginning of the trilogy, thoroughly recommended!

Vika:

I’m with you on this one K.! I thought it was a great start to the series and I’m definitely eager to see more, but it’s not quite up to par with Reiss’s Songs of Submission series just yet. I wanted more development, more built up, instead it had a slight aftertaste of insta-love. Having said that, I still enjoyed reading Spin. The story was action-packed, the romance hot, the hero intense, and the heroine certainly a bit… unexpected and unpredictable. Antonio Spinelli might be a mafia capo, but I think even he found himself surprised by Theresa Drazen. And I can’t wait to see where this story takes us next. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
5 stars! “The Boss has arrived!”

My Captain, My Ruler, My Defender…Spin is all that and then some. Antonio Spinelli aka Spin, aka Theresa’s “Capo” is exactly my style. He’s cool, he’s confident and sexy as all hell. He makes grown men quake with fear for simply breathing the same air as him. Spin doesn't have to try hard to be that guy. He just is. I lost track of the times a shaky “Spin” left the lips of cocky underworld a-holes who realized that as soon as they saw Spin, they’d fucked up.

I love instant attraction, that irresistible charge you feel when a soul has met it’s mate. Spin’s connection to Theresa, his Contessa, is undeniable. He jumps right into a confrontation she and her sister are having with a guy outside of a club. Spin doesn’t hesitate to rough the guy up…a lot…

“Say. You’re. Sorry.” Spin said through his teeth…
Bang....
“I’m sorry!”
“Do you believe him, Contessa?” Beautiful. Even beating the hell out of some guy on the hood of a Porche. -Theresa

Oh my. Yes he was!

As sexy as he is there is also something heartbreaking about Spin. His lives dangerously, violence and corruption are an everyday part of his world. He soon realizes that it’s impossible for him to have Theresa in his life and expect to keep them both alive.

“You’re going to get me killed.” He ran his fingers over my pussy roughly. “That make you wet?” -Spin

Will being with Theresa make him soft? Can he risk having his attention divided when the smallest distraction could have him paying the ultimate price.

“You turn me around every time. You’re going to make me soft.”
“A soft man wouldn’t say that.”
Something changed in his face. His jaw got tight again. “No, a soft man would.” He grabbed my hand. “I’m taking you now, Contessa. And not gently.”

I think my favorite part besides how Spin can make any girl’s panties go poof, was how strong Theresa was. She knew what she wanted and she wasn’t about to let Spin get away from her.

He leaned into the door. “Contessa. Drive.”
“I want you.”
“I heard you.”

It takes a lot of guts to go after a man like Spin. This chick rocks! There were no hesitations, no insecurities, no what-ifs, just full steam ahead for Theresa.

It is a rare thing for me to find a main female character I feel is worthy of the male lead. These two are perfectly matched!

I look forward to more! More! More! I also hope for some of Spin’s POV! I would love know what goes on in his gorgeous head!

ARC kindly provided by author to G the Book Diva blog for review.
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
If you enjoyed C. D. Reiss books, then this is for you.

We have another hot alpha male who knows exactly what he wants and how to get it

This is a very hot & sexy read ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
If you enjoyed C. D. Reiss books, then this is for you.

This is a very hot & sexy read ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |

***You do NOT need to read Songs of Submission to read Spin*** Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone. Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal. And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us. I discovered I was a savage, too.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 149610692X, Paperback)

From USA Today bestselling author - CD Reiss, the story of Theresa Drazen and mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli. *** He blew through my orderly life like a cyclone. Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal. And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us. I discovered I was a savage, too. *** You do not need to read Songs of Submission to read Songs of Corruption

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:07 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,137,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible