Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow

Frenched (Frenched, #1)

by Melanie Harlow

Series: Frenched (1)

I thought the female lead was rather whiny and into herself a lot, but really like the male lead ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
5 stars! What a treasure! Frenched is a sexy, playful story! I recommend to those who love Alice Clayton, Tara Sivec and Emma Chase! It was funny and super hot! Perfect combo!

5 things I truly loved about this story:
1. Lucas
2. Lucas
3. Lucas
4. Lucas
5. Lucas

Mia's fiance has just called off their wedding (which is only a week away) via text before he went straight to Vegas for a week long vacation full of sex and celebration on his near escape from the ball and chain, or at least that's what his Twitter post says!

Devastated, Mia decides (along with some convincing from her friends) to still go on her Paris honeymoon...solo. Once in Paris, she is sickened by all of the people in love who seem to be running around like idiots.

Over it, she enters what she feels in the least romantic place in Paris, a Canadian sports bar. She meets Lucas, a sympathetic French/American bartender with scraggly hair and facial scruff. He is so not her type.

"I thought he could be handsome if he'd invest in a razor and a good haircut."

But Lucas serves her the best wine she's ever tasted so she pours her heart out about the break up, how much she hates Paris and her plans to fly home the next day. Lucas convinces her to give Paris just one more day and offers to be her tour guide.

Surprisingly, she ends up having a very good time with Lucas and he actually seems to be getting cuter by the minute. Suddenly she's less focused on the sites and more on him.

"Stop it Mia. And don't even look at his crotch right now. Don't do it, don't do it, don't-
I did it. I couldn't help myself."

She realizes that one day isn't enough with him.

"My desire for him went from Butterflies in the Belly to Wet in the Panties."

Amen, sister! She acts on impulse and is surprised when he responds with equal enthusiasm. The more we learn about him, the more we (Mia and I) fall for him, especially after he brings up his "appetite." preferences.

"And he tied me to the bed. He fucking tied. Me. Up."

Was Mia cool with that? Especially only knowing him for a short time??

Oh hell yes! Lucas could not have gotten any hotter! I alternated between laughing out loud and fanning myself! A great fun read! Highly recommended!

Hell! I loved this book so much I’m going to give away TWO FREE COPIES! Enter Now!

GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
I loved it and I want a Lucas in my life. Passion, cuteness until you can't see straight, funny, angsty and a roller coaster of emotions just sweeping through your mind while reading this. Amazing. ( )
  msralways | Feb 3, 2015 |
I bought this book expecting it to be fluff - pure indulgence. While there was certainly much to "indulge" in, I was caught off guard when I became emotionally involved in the story. It was about Mia, a 28yo who gets dumped the week before her extravagant wedding is to take place. Her friends coax her into going on honeymoon trip sans husband...to Paris. But once there, she sees it will be impossible to enjoy being in a city that's all about romance. Then, she walks into a bar and meets Lucas, and her outlook changes. She finds herself on a tour with this wonderful French-American, then decides to go for what she wants, enjoying life "in the moment" - something she never does (I love the way her "lists" are scattered throughout the book, btw). The problem arises when she realizes she's falling in love with the man who was only supposed to be a "fling" - the man who's stated plainly that he never wants to marry anyone (something that is definitely in her plans for the near future). She sees no way to reconcile her plans with his. I'll let you find out for yourself how that turns out. I loved the ending, as well as the deleted scenes and pics on the author's website (http://www.melanieharlow.com/). I highly recommend this book to fans of the romance genre. ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |
Check it out people....5 shiny "I couldn't get the stupid grin off my face stars"

You can read the story summary, you know what it's about. I'm here to tell you WHY you should read it.

I adored this book. ADORED.

Why??

It was simple, it was happy, it was filled with happy and life lessons and self-discovery.

That last part? The self-discovery? That's what took it from good to great.

Yes, the story was good.

Yes, the characters were fun and lovely.

But Mia slowly coming out of the list making, OCD shell she had shoved herself into? That was great.

And Lucas, sweet, sweet, wonderful Lucas. The way he gently pushed Mia to be in the now instead of in her lists and plans...sigh. He was just lovely.

And the sex. Dear lord, the sex! Here's where I get all mama bird on you all. Even if you don't read the whole book...read the first sex scene. Then, listen to me: Every woman deserves sex like that.

Do you need me to repeat that?

Ok.

Every woman deserves sex like that.

It wasn't kinky. It wasn't dramatic. It wasn't bodice ripping, shoved up against a door, bent over a table, pounded until the bed breaks sex.

It was slow, and reverent and hot and sexy and amazing.

And if you don't have sex like that, at least once in a while (I am realistic, it's not all the time!) then you are missing out. And you deserve more. Mia had her eyes ripped wide open on what she had been missing during that encounter. It's something that is not to be missed. Listen to Kate.

Ok... so now that I have gone all Dr. Ruth on you. I will wrap up with this:

Read the book. Enjoy the book. Sigh a happy sigh at the end and then go have you Lucas sex. You deserve it.
  Kate.Good | Jul 3, 2014 |

When Tucker Branch, playboy heir to Branch Bolt and Screw, screws and bolts a week before their wedding, Mia Devine wants nothing more than to crawl under her newly monogrammed sheets and plan a funeral for her dignity. But her friends convince her that bitter tastes better when it’s drowned in Bordeaux, so Mia grits her teeth and packs her bags, determined to make the best of her luxurious Paris honeymoon—alone. She never planned on meeting Lucas Fournier. The easygoing bartender’s scruffy good looks and less-than-sympathetic ear annoy her at first, but when she takes him up on his offer to show her around the city, she discovers that the romance of Paris isn’t just a myth. Nor is the simultaneous O. The last thing Mia needs is another doomed love affair, but since she only has a week, she figures she might as well enjoy la vie en O with Lucas while she can. But each day—and night—with Lucas is better than the last, and suddenly her heart is telling her this is more than a rebound fling. Is it just the seduction of Paris…or could this be the real thing?

When Tucker Branch, playboy heir to Branch Bolt and Screw, screws and bolts a week before their wedding, Mia wants to plan a funeral for her dignity. But her friends convince her to go to Bordeaux, so Mia grits her teeth and packs for her Paris honeymoon; alone. She meets Lucas, the easygoing bartender's scruffy good looks and less-than-sympathetic ear annoy her, but when she takes him up on his offer to show her around the city, and she finds that the romance of Paris isn't just a myth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible