Sins & Secrets by Jessica Sorensen

Sins & Secrets

by Jessica Sorensen

I read this in ebook format, so I managed to get a two for one. It started out with the prequel Seduction & Temptation, then went into the story. The prequel was great because it seemed to slowly lead you into the actual story. So I'm glad I got to read that first, otherwise I may have been a little lost during the book.
I really enjoyed this story about the daughter of a mafia family. Lola is a great character and a bit surprising. She is a very sensitive and caring person (even if she won't admit it) and that is just surprising to me since she was born into the mafia. You would think that she would be different considering her upbringing. More hardened and tough, but I like that she is different. It's fun going on this journey with her because everything just seems to be so unpredictable.
Layton is interesting too. Like Lola he is caring, which doesn't seem like a trait for someone in the mafia. However, because of the gender differences, it is a bit more dangerous for Layton to be kind and caring. I like their relationship and everything he does for Lola no matter what may happen to him.
Many more interesting things happen towards the end that make me feel like she is fire and he is water, so I can't wait for the next book. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |

Jessica Sorensen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible