Thoughtful (Thoughtless, #1.5) by S.C.…

Thoughtful (Thoughtless, #1.5)

by S.C. Stephens

1196101,247 (3.62)None

I'm trying to think of something to say about this book, but for once I'm speechless...

Edit: DNF at 32% ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
2-2.5 Stars

This is always a fear I have when reading a book from another POV of the original- it feels like a long winded monologue with no real new content. Being in Kellen's head felt a lot like being in a 14 years old girl's head. He was whiny, melodramatic, & insecure. While I understood part of why he was, it was also overload and I think made his character less appealing. I loved the Thoughtless series but enjoyed it more when I didn't have Kellen's POV. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Sep 2, 2016 |
"Doubt inside her was hope inside me."
Yo esperaba solo una cosa de este libro: que me hiciera sentir lo mismo que sentí al leer [b:Thoughtless|13517535|Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)|S.C. Stephens|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331254339s/13517535.jpg|14321512], mientras al mismo tiempo conocía más de Kellan Kyle. Y falló.

Primeramente, la escritura, durante la mayor parte del libro, es all tell, no show. Cargada de frases como:"A week went by, and Kiera and I got even closer, while Kiera and Denny drifted farther apart", que nos cuentan qué pasa pero no cómo pasa. Esto hace que los hechos vistos desde los ojos de Kellan, pierdan intensidad. La primera vez entre él y Kiera, la tensión sexual entre ambos, la escena en la lluvia, la pelea final; todo carece de esa chispa que hace a [b:Thoughtless|13517535|Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)|S.C. Stephens|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331254339s/13517535.jpg|14321512] especial.

En segundo lugar, me di cuenta que ya conocía todo lo que quería conocer de Kellan. Mientras en Thoughtless nos enteramos de su terrible pasado infantil y el motivo por el que necesita el sexo, en Thoughtful nos enteramos de que... Kellan tiene complejo de Dr. Jekyll y Mr. Hyde. Que pasa de pensar cosas como esta: "She was a fucking bitch. A teasing whore", a otras como esta: "She wasn’t a bitch. She wasn’t a whore. She was in love with another man, a man I cared about", en menos de lo que dura un suspiro. Ahora bien, me encanta que S.C. Stephens no haya tenido miedo de mostrarnos el lado "malo" de Kellan, y sí, voy a admitir que en ocasiones sus reacciones me parecen lógicas —vamos, que tiene que ver a la mujer que ama con otro— PERO me molesta que esa conducta sea un patrón a tooodo lo largo de la historia. La ama, la insulta, le pide perdón. Repeat. Así, sin mayor trasfondo. Kiera, en cambio, nos muestra un abanico de sentimientos mucho mas amplio en su POV.

A pesar de todo, siento un cariño especial por esta historia, así que aunque me parece prescindible, no me arrepiento completamente de haberla leído. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
**WARNING LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT**

5***** Forever → ♥Kellan♥ ← Gold Stars

S.C. Stephens took this story and gave it a real life feel, and the execution was PERFECT, thank you for creating a magnificent read and an emotional roller coaster ride that will stay with me forever!

This was solely written in the 1st person Point of view – Kellan

Kellan Kyle, always have and always will be one of my favorite bb, I enjoyed the chance to read his side of the story.

I felt Kellan’s pain from his childhood memories; he was abused and neglected by his parents. I learned that all he ever wanted was love, to feel special and to be physically touched with love. I also learned as a human being he felt undeserving of love, always searching for someone who will just love him!

Kellan brings out his brokenness or happiness throught his music. And the band members plays a huge part in this installment how Kellan interacted with them they with him, which will help readers to understand the following books in this series.

When Denny and Keira moved in with him, Kellan admired the relationship they shared, but he also wanted a special love like theirs. He loved Denny as a brother, but wanted a girlfriend like Kiera.

We learn why Kellan valued his friendship with Denny. Once Again after reading this I still BLAME Denny for this whole mess , Denny knew Kellan is a man-whore, Denny also did not really trust his best friend because he made Kellan promise to leave Kiera alone, but he also trusted his friend enough to look after her.

Keira is a sweet but insecure person, and with the courtesy of Denny was thrust-ed into Kellan's life when he was transferred for a few weeks for internship position!

Kellan tried his best to ensure Kiera did not feel alone, and not to develop feelings for her, but with this being said they grow this unbreakable bond!

There was this powerful bond growing, right or wrong, Kellan and Kiera’s attraction was real and tangible.

AND WOW their first sexual encounter was a firework moment, still think it is one of the best panting dropping scenes.

Upon Denny’s return Kiera makes horrendous mistakes, time after time, and you can feel how this breaks Kellan each time he portrays this in his songs and his actions, and I love the angst feelings as well.

Kellan to Kiera - "I know, I just... I can't share you. The thought of you with him. It kills me. Now more than it ever did before. I need you. All of you."
I am going to miss the morning coffee spells, until I read this again……….. ;-)

Thoughtful was a great way to re-live this amazing love triangle and let me fall in love with Kellan Kyle all over again, and although I do not love to read love triangle relationships, this POV is acceptable for me, they were not married or engaged and there were no kids involved!

Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
ok first kellan is hot. I enjoyed reading his point of view, but at times he was so whiny I couldn't stand it. ( )
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |

"The only place Kellan Kyle has ever felt at home is onstage. Gripping his guitar in a darkened bar, he can forget his painful past. These days his life revolves around three things: music, his bandmates, and hot hookups. Until one woman changes everything"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible