Entice by Rachel Van Dyken

I have to say that I think that Trace made the right decision, because Chase forgot about her as soon as she turned around. I mean I am glad that he found someone, but yeah, that was so not love. And, I love myself some Nixon... Tex was hilarious, but as we read, he is disappointing us..on to the next book..Oh and I love Luca.. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Aug 24, 2017 |
At first, this book pulled me in more than #1 but less than #2 of the series. It wasn't long until it had me though. ;)
Sometimes I think it's too much to have multi POV's, but it's perfect for these books. It really helps the reader to appreciate each character and how they work together.

The girls Trace, Mo and Mil—Too many tears were shed, and chocolate cures everything."
"And wine," I added. "Chocolate and wine."
"And hot men." Trace winked at me.
"Weird, because aren't the hot men what drive you toward the chocolate and wine? Yet after you're done with all that self-loathing, you crawl right back to the six-pack with a silly grin on your face and stars in you eyes."

The men are still just as wonderful, gorgeous, dangerous, powerful and hot as ever."Wrap your legs around me," I demanded.
"So we can hug? she asked innocently.
"Right. I'm going to hug you so damn hard you get pregnant."

The romance is still there.She was my beginning—my end. The woman I wanted by my side until we were two cranky old people who still carried weapons and shot at squirrels when they ran in front of us.
I wanted a future with her.
I wanted a present with her.
I just wanted her.

The comedy."Ah, the romance." She fanned herself with her gun.
The part that touched me the most out of the whole series so far is the letter from one of the characters that died. I admit I cried. It helped to read this part."Don't doubt that he's resting in peace—I know for a fact he is. Heaven isn't reserved for people like Vito, ones who think themselves a god. It's reserved for the broken, the humbled, the ugly, the unlovely, who finally see in themselves what God had made them cable of when he created them—greatness."
Many secrets came out so far in this series, but I think there is a lot we still don't know from the past. A lot that happened wasn't what was planned, but that's life.Our story was evidence that sometimes when you try to write it yourself, you get stuck. You can't see every possible outcome. Maybe that's why it's better to let life happen—because sometimes it surprises you.

I really liked it and can't wait for the next story.

And—you know it—gotta point out the HP"Say my name."
"I'm not saying your name." The guy swore under his breath.
The thing about my name? Nobody uttered it. I was living in my own version of Harry Potter. The one who shall not be named was my actual title to most people in the Campisi family.
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Review posted under Nerd Alert Book Love Blog ( )
  BookCrazed2013 | Aug 22, 2014 |
From the beginning of this series I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for Chase. Don't get me wrong, I love Nixon and all,but Chase won me over from the very start. So naturally reading a book that is mainly about him was something I instantly had to have!! Everything in this book just solidifies why I love him so much. After all the Trace-Nixon-Chase drama I was pulling for Chase to find the woman for him. I love Trace, but to me she didn't deserve Chase. He doesn't deserve to be someone's second choice..

While this book is about Chase and Mil, it also focuses on the whole Elect group as a whole. After all they are all connected. I think my favorite thing about this book was all the alternating POVs. Rachel Van Dyken can switch through multiple POVs with ease and the story continued to flow smoothly. I never once thought hearing from others aside from Mil or Chase was unnecessary. Being inside Nixon and Tex's head was completely needed. Though I have to say it would of been nice to hear Mo's POV. I love her!

Anyways- Mil is now head of the De Lange family. It is her job to fix all the mistakes they have made and to prevent them from doing something even worse. Problem is, they don't want her in charge. Chase agrees to marry her, his name, wealth, and loyalty make him very important. He has the means to protect her. I loved watching Mil and Chase develop and grow together.

"I won't let you down. I may be a lot of things, and I may be a terrible husband, since I'm still nursing a broken heart and all that, but I'll be loyal. I'll help you. I'll protect you. That's what family does."

A lot of shit happens. This book is action packed and has some mystery elements as well. I could not put it down! I devoured it in a matter of hours! I could have continued reading more and more. Hitting that 100% mark sucked because I wanted more! Of all of the series I have read by Rachel Van Dyken, this one is my favorite.

I am always anxiously awaiting what is going to happen next for the Elect. Some things are tied up at the end of this book while new things unravel. I know the last line of this book and the teaser look at the next book have me once again waiting on pins and needles to see where Rachel Van Dyken will take the Elect family next!

An easy 5 stars for me!!!
***complimentary copy provided via the author and publisher in exchange for an honest review for the blog tour*** ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |

Chase Winter let the love of his life slip through his fingers and into the hands of his best friend and mafia boss of the Abandonato family. Now that he's been given a second chance to right a wrong, he refuses to let his own selfishness stand in the way. The only problem? He's not fully in possession of his heart, so when Mil De Lange - the girl who's innocence he stole and heir to the worst mafia families in the US - asks him for a favor... he says yes, not realizing that one yes has the power to destroy them all. Mil's been in love with Chase Winter as long as she can remember, but as the years went by, love turned into hate, and now that's he agreed to help her, she's wondering if she made a fatal error. Because Chase isn't a teenager anymore. He's a hot-blooded male, bent on owning every part of her, body and soul, and he's willing to kill anyone in his path who dares to stand in his way. Secrets will finally be revealed... but make no mistake, it's going to take a lot of blooshed for those truths to be discovered.… (more)

Rachel Van Dyken is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,448,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible