All About You (Love & Hate, #1) by Joanna…

All About You (Love & Hate, #1)

by Joanna Mazurkiewicz

Oh sweet revenge. It really seems to be a dish best served cold, if you’re cruel. I don’t think I could keep my attention span focused on hating someone for years. Then again when I get mad, I’m over it by the next morning.

Something like All About You is something that I have to be in the right mindset to read. All of the anger and revenge-esque plots can be a bit much if I’m in a happy go-lucky mood. For the record, I was in the right mindset when I read All About You.

The plot was not overly impressive. I felt constantly irritated with the way the author slowly doled out bits of pertinent information. It’s very hard as a reader to sympathize and/or empathize with a character when we have no idea what the motivation is behind dominating emotions (anger, fear and hate in this case). I’m still not clear on what happened, which I’m pretty sure was what the author intended. However, it didn’t leave me wanting to pick up the next book to find out what happens.

I did like All About You and was suitably entertained while reading it. When it comes down to the brass tacks, I would not recommend it. However, it is free (as of the 5/2/14), so if you decided to read it you won’t be losing any money.

For more reviews, check out reviewsinapinch.wordpress.com today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | May 3, 2014 |
It seems to me our world has changed so much since I was of college age. Now, young women have to deal with a lot of problems that somehow never affected me when I was their age.

This is the case with India. She has already survived abuse of the worst kind at the hands of her high school boyfriend Christian. She has even survived the death of Christian and the implosion of her feelings for Oliver, Christian's brother.

She has been trying to pull herself together and move on with her life. She has kept the secret of Christian's abuse all this time. Only one other person knows the truth... Christian's mother. She has also kept the secret and never shared it. Not even India's mother knows what Christian did to India.

Now that Oliver and India are both at the same college, I was hoping that somehow they would bridge the hate gap that developed after Christian's death. India has a lot to account for since she was the one who hurt Oliver; bullied him and drove him to this hate relationship with her.

The love affair that develops between India and Oliver is heartwarming. Just when I thought things were going to work out for them...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! The biggest plot twist of them all!

I warn you, this ends in a cliffhanger ... heart wrenching! All About Me will be the sequel. It is my hope our author will produce this gem in the near future and will not leave us hanging for a long time. ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible