Savage Secrets by Cristin Harber

Caterina and Rocco.
Revenge and HEA ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
“Te adoro. Te amo. Mi Galán.” - Caterina Cruz

What... what did I just read?! Oh, God, Cristin Harber, can your writing be any more perfect?!

Rocco Savage, now acting as the new second-in-command for the Titan group, accepts a solo mission after being specifically requested by Caterina Cruz, to take out one of the world's most famous terrorists. The funny guy of the group seems to have finally found his match in the fiery Spaniard - pretending to be her husband for the mission seems to be even easier as time goes by. But both he and Cat are hiding some very crucial things. If they want to survive - and be together - they will have to spill some of their darkest secrets. Can they trust in each other to do so?

Ok, well, if you have heard the rumors about needing to read the two Titan novellas between this book and the previous (Jared's story) then allow me to tell you, they're true. There are many things in Rocco's book that are explained but in a vague way - unless you've read Gambled and Chased you just can't fully grasp their importance, though.

Also, I never thought I'd live to see the day I would dare to like a Titan book more than Jared's but damn it all to hell, I adored this one! Probably more than Boss Man's story - can you believe it?!

But it's true! This book had:
- more action than the first one
- a couple that complicated each other more perfectly than the couple in the second one
- more badassery than the third one
- more drama and heavily traumatized feels than the first novella
- more suspense and plot twists than the second novella

I dare say this has to be Harber's Best. Book. Ever! I haven't read any other books of hers apart from Titan, of course, but I'm 100% sure about one thing: this woman goes in my "absolute writer recommendation" list - a mental list of mine that no matter how good a writer is, it's hard for just anyone to enter it.

I cried. And laughed. And swooned. And fangirled to the point where several members of my family had to enter my room and tell me to "shut up already" - many times over, might I add. I loved Caterina, I loved Rocco. Loved it all to death! The romance was sizzling hot, the tension nearly suffocating, the action breathtaking! No matter how much I tried to keep a level head about it, in order for me to be a fair judge, I just couldn't! It's a good thing, though, because there was nothing that could have been done differently - perfection to its ultimate glory!

I'm not giving anything else away - seriously, a single hint might be a BIG spoiler with this book. And trust me, in this case, you WANT to read Rocco's story! You'll be missing out big time on one of the best books there is out there if you don't!

“I fuckin’ love you, Kitten.” - Rocco Savage

***I was given an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinion stated in this review is solely mine, and no compensation was given or taken to alter it.*** ( )
  Lydia_Perversius | Jan 27, 2015 |
Coming soon ;) ( )
  AuthorRaeZRyans | May 24, 2014 |
Cristin Harber, you can write one hell of a suspenseful, action-packed romance. I just love this series and, as I have said in previous reviews of the Titan stories, they are full of twists and turns, drama and emotion, high stakes action, with strong women and uber-protective alpha males that will stay with you long after you read the last page.

First of all, the chemistry between Rocco and Caterina was palpable, their steamy love scenes fogged up my reader, the banter between them was perfect. They just fit together from the beginning and I connected with both of them straight away. The author did such a great job of giving us enough back-story to set the tone and convey the emotion attached to the characters actions. I found it easy to be in their heads and understand their reactions.

Caterina was such a strong, brave, courageous woman, relentless in her pursuit of the enemy, battling her demons and memories of a traumatic past, fighting with everything she had, and I really loved her. Rocco was battling his own demons, struggling at times with the right decisions and not afraid to admit that, making him all the more real and tangible. I loved his protectiveness and the way that, when he recognised what was between them, he never let go and was always there for Cat in every possible way. Yes I did swoon on more than one occasion. Rocco was just the epitome of a loyal, protective, strong male that anyone would want in their corner. Lucky Caterina!

Rocco and Cat's story took my heart on a roller-coaster ride , soaring with the heartfelt passion and emotion between the main characters, apprehension and excitement when Cat the Titan boys were in their element, and diving to the bottom of my painful heart when things got rough, and they did get rough. One particularly violent scene had me in tears but it was necessary in their story and I felt the author dealt with it and the aftermath in a sensitive and realistic way.

Another thing that I love about this series, is that the other characters are seamlessly woven into each book, supporting the storyline and giving us a peak into what they are all up to. Each and every character adds to the overall story and we are set up very nicely for the next book in the series. I highly recommend reading them in order to fully immerse yourself in the Titan world, you won't regret it.

copy kindly provided by the author and Netgalley ( )
  Artfullee | Apr 8, 2014 |
Apparently, I dig crazy too cause I loved this book! I know with each book I've said that it was my favorite, but this is it. My absolute favorite of the series (so far). It made me laugh with some of the banter between Cat and Rocco, made me hold my breath during a certain action scene, and tore me apart when Rocco is trying to help Cat deal with the fall out from that very emotional incident (for lack of a better non-spolier word). I read this is one sitting because there was no way I could've put this book down and left myself wondering what was gonna happen next. No. Freakin'. Way. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Roman and Beth and in a way I'm glad I have 6-12 month wait cause I need that time to decompress from this book, but then again these books are addictive and I need my bad-ass sexy alpha male fix. Recommend this book and while it could be read as a stand alone you'd get more out of reading them in order.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Mar 22, 2014 |

Caterina Cruz has no home. No loyalties. No objection to exacting torturous revenge. Her life's mission is to destroy the terrorist who murdered her family. Then she steps into an elaborate game of charades alongside a Titan Group operative posing as an arms dealer, and her newlywed husband. The sexy distraction may be more than she can handle. Attacked with a psychedelic drug weeks before, Rocco Savage is plagued with hallucinations that threaten his new rank as Titan's second-in-command. No one knows and he wants to keep it that way. Throwing him further off his game, he now has a wife with her own secrets he can't crack and an agenda he can't control.… (more)

Cristin Harber is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,438,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible