Post-Human Series Books 1-4 by David Simpson

Post-Human Series Books 1-4

by David Simpson

I actually only read 1-3. I couldn't commit to one more. The characters were amazingly boring. The plot was both slow and plodding, then with bursts of kind of boring action that followed suit in all three books.

I'm glad the character I thought was the main character wasn't because he was immensely boring to read. Not that the actual "Main" character was any better. Add that characters go from strong and passionate about their story to 5th level characters with little actual personality. One simply became a whole new person it seems.

So yeah, made it 75% before throwing in the towel, and don't care at all how the series wraps up. ( )
  jwilker | May 23, 2018 |
This series of books describes the development of artificial intelligence in a post-apocalyptic world initially run by a group of people opposed to technological advancement and the intent of wiping it, and all those who support it, from the face of the earth. Each book is another step forward in the advancement of AI with its potential risks and benefits. The author has obviously done his research on AI giving the books a "real" or at least a potentially real feel. I couldn't stop reading them once I started and look forward to many more in the future. They are well thought out with an intellectual tone. Highly recommended. ( )
  dsdmd | Feb 14, 2015 |
The Post-Human book series of 4 books is really a (at this time) a four book set. I am choosing to offer my review on the first 4 book set since I think that better serves the reader.

The first book in the series was really written as the third book. It is a prequel which introduces the characters, primarily the old-timer. I found this book pretty essential in understanding the series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and give it a 5 star rating.

The second and third books are much different from the first. In a prologue from the author, the reader is told that they will need to release any conceptions they have of the future as it is impacted by technology. A very accurate statement as these books are what can happen if Moore's Law is fully accurate. I found the story in these books to take a bit of thought and acceptance. After all, this is a somewhat cerebral science fiction series. What I can tell you is that David Simpson can write and challenge the reader. I surmise that he is a very bright individual that has the ability to speak to the masses. I give these two books 4.5 stars.

The third book is absolutely amazing. The same character set is still involved but you will not know it for some time. There are some very interesting plot changes in this book that should get to you and have you mumbling to yourself that the author has constructed a believable roller coaster of a ride that you could never see coming. I rate this book 5+ stars and look forward to reading his other books.

Highly recommend to science fiction readers that are looking for something other than alien attacks. ( )
  honoliipali | Mar 21, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,241,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible