The Flinck Connection by Estelle Ryan

The Flinck Connection (2014)

by Estelle Ryan

A murdered politician. An unsolved art heist. An international conspiracy.

Colin awakens Jenny at 2:00am and asks her to contact Manny for him. He is at the residence of Claude Saveux, Minister of Defense and Veteran Affairs, looking at his body. Colin needs Manny to get a warrant and people with him he can trust to get into the house. When Jenny asks Colin why he is there, he says “Ask Nikki”.
Nikki, an 18-year old student who was introduced in “The Braque Connection” is now living with Jenny, Colin and Vinnie. She had received a second direct message on Twitter from an anonymous source, that told her to tell Jenny about the message, a reference to a piece of art and an address, Jenny and her team have still been working to locate Ducwicz the “assassin for hire” that abducted, drugged and invaded her home, and Nikki didn’t want to further stress her out so she
showed Colin. Now a dead body has been found and the team is involved in two concurrent high-value investigations.

The story keeps developing the skills of the team and their relationships to one another. The clues, the subterfuge the team engages in, the twists and turns in the investigation continue to hold my interest and keep the pages turning. I highly recommend this series for the background into art as well as an exciting mystery. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 14, 2016 |
Rating: Did I say I loved art thieves?

Fourth entry in the Dr Genevieve Lenard series. Jenny is a high functioning autistic woman who has somehow acquired quite the band of former thieves. Due to past incidents they work toward recovering stolen art, but pose as crooks and cons.

This time out, they are invited to a house to see a Flinck painting, and when Colin, the art thief, checks the place out, he finds a body.

I really enjoy this series. Interesting characters, lots of fascinating interplay among them, and the art heists are cool. ( )
  majkia | Apr 20, 2015 |
This is a really addictive series. There are times when I have a few issues with the main character, non-neurotypical Dr Genevieve Lenard and the relationship between her and Colin, the art reappropriator lacks a certain chemistry. But I like the way the author has been developing the characters and allowing them to gradually coalesce into a believable team of investigators of art thefts, murder and conspiracies.

Art is a theme in each book in this thriller series and in this one, the infamous art heist at Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is highlighted. When a heist at a museum in Strasbourg takes place, the team are called in to find the missing masterpieces, even as they are already starting to investigate the murder of a politician determined to block a financial transparency bill pushed by the President. When a spy camera found on his premises exposes the murderer as well as a conspiracy and a shocking side to the politician, the team find themselves in more danger than they've been in the past.

It's really a grabbing thriller and I can't wait for the next in the series. ( )
  cameling | Jun 28, 2014 |
If you enjoyed the other Genevieve Lenard books, you will like this one, too. Same quick pacing and great characters. The thing I really enjoy about this series (other than the mysteries, which are always fun) is the characters. This author is particularly gifted at describing not only autistic Dr. Leonard, but at character development from book to book. Like any work of fiction, you have to suspend your disbelief (like the team solving a 1990 heist from a Boston museum) but this series' characters are believable and the dynamics between them are great. Highly recommended! ( )
  JenW1 | May 7, 2014 |
I enjoy Genevieve Lenard and her crime solving friends but this book was my least favorite of the 4 novels so far. The relationship between Jenny and Colin and their friends was expanded but the mystery started out good with stolen art from a famous Boston Musuem robbery but then turned complicated and boring with political corruption. The spreadsheet analysis had me skipping through pages. ( )
  Kathy89 | Apr 30, 2014 |

"A cryptic online message leads nonverbal communications expert Doctor Genevieve Lenard to the body of a brutally murdered politician. Despite being ordered not to investigate, Genevieve and her team look into this vicious crime. More online messages follow, leading them down a path lined with corruption, a sadistic assassin, an oil scandal and one of the biggest heists in history--the still unsolved 1990 Boston museum art theft worth $500m. The deeper they delve, the more evidence they unearth of a conspiracy implicating someone close to them, someone they hold in high regard. With a deadline looming, Genevieve has to cope with past and present dangers, an attack on one of her team members and her own limitations if she is to expose the real threat and protect those in her inner circle"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

Estelle Ryan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,376,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible