Smorgasbord

Smorgasbord

by Jagjiwan Sohal

What if humans ate zombies, and werewolves, and vampires instead of the other way round? The yummy Smorgasbord begins when humans find out that supernatural beings taste delicious and, unlike deer and ducks, can be taken at any season, by any method.

The idea of the book is fine and some of it is quite funny but by the end, the tale was dragging.

I received a review copy of "Smorgasbord" by Jagjiwan Sohal (Mythos) through LibraryThing.com. ( )
  Dokfintong | Jan 18, 2016 |
This is a fun little book. A young woman out for a jog one day is chased by a zombie; unfortunately for the zombie, the woman bites the zombie instead of the other way around. She discovers that this zombie tastes very good.

This has an unfortunately affect for all the supernatural community as it is discovered that several different types of creatures are yummy. The yummiest of all turns out to be vampires. Humans start to hunt the supernatural community and then hosts these big barbecues called Smorgasbords.

As the story goes on, we are introduced to a female vampire, Julie. She has managed to avoid being hunted by the humans, because she is a vegetarian! However, one night she stumbles upon a gang of humans "hunting" a group of zombies. Among this group of zombies is a child zombie and this spurs Julie into action. She steps in to rescue the child zombie and suddenly, becomes involved with a family of crazy hunters who want to add Julie to their smorgasbord.

This book is definitely a fun read. It is very funny and crazy. If you enjoy your urban fantasy with a huge dollop of insanity, then this book is for you! There is a lot of action and the plot never lets up. You really feel for the supernatural in this one as the humans go crazy try to hunt and kill them for these huge barbecues.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of a new series. I would love to know what happens next. ( )
  slimy07 | May 24, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review

This was a fun story that held my attention from the beginning to the end. The characters were well-developed and the storyline flows well. I think this is a book for anyone and would highly recommend it! ( )
  sportzmomof5 | May 11, 2014 |
Smorgasbord is fun and lighthearted; a witty twist on the theme of persecuted supernatural creatures. Zombies, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, demons, and highly armed, slightly crazy humans with nothing taken too seriously. The storyline follows a few days in the life of a vegetarian vampire and the unlikely friends she collects along the way. The tone and pace remind me a little of the Accidental series by Dakota Cassidy. This is a complete stand-alone story with space for a follow-on novel. ( )
  BJ3568 | Apr 22, 2014 |
I'm not a fan of the supernatural and as I started going into the book I thought wow is this really happening? There drinking ghosts? but as I kept going I couldn't stop, it kept pulling me back in and I had too keep reading.
The story is really good and the characters are well thought out and badass. Maybe next time I won't judge a boo by its premise.i really enjoyed this story and I hope too read more from this author ( )
  sippysoppy | Apr 8, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book Smorgasbord was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,902,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible