An Emerging Threat (The Seeker's Burden)…

An Emerging Threat (The Seeker's Burden) (Volume 1)

by Mark E. Lein

731,138,814 (4.5)None

Oliver is a young Seeker who is all alone. He meets up with some Goblins during his journey for answers. Ethan should be the future king of the Astar people but he choice a life of fighting and gave up his right. He now struggles with being an outcast.

This is a great start to this series. Mark Lein has done a great job with making the reader fall in love with the story and never being able to put in down. ( )
  headmiller77 | Feb 18, 2015 |
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author, via Goodreads, in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: Harry Potter, Narnia, Lord of the Rings all have one major thing in common. They all are based in a unique world created by the author that sucks readers in and makes you wish you could live there too. I desperately wished for a letter from Hogwarts. I wanted to find a way into Narnia. I actually never wanted to go on any of the journeys/quests in Lord of the Rings, but the point is they help facilitate the imagination.

An Emerging Threat does this in its own way. The author created a unique world that is introduced bit by bit, during a high-stress, ever-changing time. The slow introduction of the world, while keeping an action-packed, fast-paced story line going is a joy to read.

The main characters, Ethan and Oliver, are interesting in their differences. Ethan is the strong warrior that can take care of himself and wants to fight for what he believes is right. Oliver is the academic that simply wants to experience more of what the world outside of his home has to offer.

The way the story is told, jumps between Oliver point of view and Ethan's. This does highlight their differences, but also adds to the story. The reader isn't stuck with liking or hating one person on the same journey. You get to read about two completely different men, experiencing two totally different situations in a crumbling world.

Overall, I genuinely enjoyed An Emerging Threat. It was short (71 pages on a Nook), but by no means a quick read. There is some formal language that may slow you down a bit (it slowed me down). I would definitely recommend An Emerging Threat and look forward to the next book.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.wordpress.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Jun 4, 2014 |
I received a copy from author in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed it and could not stop reading from beginning to end.I had not realized to the end of the book that this was part of series. Please in future could you include that a book is part of a series in your info.Although not many pages I highly recommend this book. ( )
  jonathan21 | Mar 11, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,842,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible