The Golden Apple by Faerl Marie .

The Golden Apple

by Faerl Marie .

312,001,085 (4)None

In her debut novel, The Golden Apple, author Faerl Marie weaves an inspirational and heartwarming story that follows the journey of Poppy Parker as she learns to move forward with her life after the death of her husband.

After the unexpected loss of her husband Josh, Poppy struggles with grief and the ability to move on with her life. She makes the emotional decision to move from her home in Georgia to NYC to restart her life and open up a boutique.

Austin Bandy has been in love with Poppy since before her wedding. He has stood by Poppy as a good friend, but now that she is free, he wants to be the man to help Poppy move forward with her life.

The Golden Apple is a poignant story about one woman's journey of starting over and finding happiness after an unexpected tragic loss. The reader can't help but connect with Poppy as her emotional journey of healing and restarting her life is filled with highs and lows that will tug at the heartstrings. I enjoyed watching Poppy's transformation from a grieving and depressed widow to a vibrant woman who once again finds enjoyment in life. I think the author did a wonderful job of describing the spectrum of emotions that Poppy went through during her transformation, it was believable and easy to relate to. I loved the support system that Poppy had from her family and friends, when in times of need especially after the loss of a loved one, an emotional support system is a soothing balm that helps a person gradually move forward with their life. I loved that Austin was a caring and true friend to Poppy, he tempered his desire to take their friendship to the next level with patience as Poppy adjusted to her new life. I enjoyed watching how their friendship grew into a relationship with a sweet romance that left a smile on my face.

The Golden Apple is a feel good and inspiring story about loss, grief, family, friendship, restarting one's life, and getting a second chance at finding happiness and love.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-golden-apple-by-faerl-mari... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Apr 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible