c3 by Sherrie Cronin

Aya1 | Mar 23, 2015 |
This book is very well-written, but it is not my type of story. ( )
  eheinlen | Dec 9, 2014 |
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway in return for an honest review.

This is an absolutely wonderful book! I'm going to try not to gush, but I had to at least say that. This is the fourth book in a six book series, but they can be read out of order. This is the first one I read, and I didn't feel lost at all. There were parts where I'm sure reading the others would have added an element of awesomeness, but nothing in this story was lacking.

This book does deal with hard subjects such as human trafficking and rape. I appreciated seeing this though, and this is mentioned on the back of the book so everyone should know what they're getting into. I am currently working towards my MSW hoping to work with trafficking survivors, and have studied this quite a bit. It's clear Sherrie Cronin also has. I was very impressed by the amount of research she has done for this book, not just regarding trafficking, but also things like mountain climbing, out of body experiences, relevant cultures, and even animal sex habits to add some humor.

She also consulted a sociologist/psychologist for insight into the trauma and how it would affect the characters undergoing it. This shows. All of her (many) characters are well developed and grow during the story. I loved reading about them all, especially Haley who is an inspiring mountain climber. The plot was interesting and well realized. The mystical aspects were explained well and believable within the story. It was also written well. I did not want this book to end and know I'll reread it many times in the years to come. I highly recommend this book, and cannot wait to read more in the series. ( )
1 vote RoseCrossed | Jul 17, 2014 |
I won this book on LibraryThing, which is always exciting and even though it turned out to be the fourth book in a series I've never read, it was capable of being a stand alone novel. To begin with I was incredibly deterred by the amount of rape and prostitution, but once the initial few chapters concluded I began to really enjoy the plot and the easy to sympathise with characters ( )
  RelativelyHappy | Jul 17, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sherrie Cronin's book c3 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sherrie Cronin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,304,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible