Dangerous Intentions by Donna Hill

by Donna Hill

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byTea58

No tags.

Michelene Tyner lives in Louisiana. She owns her business. It's a shopping service called Exclusively Yours. Her business is about finding expensive art, clothing, shoes, office furnishings etc. for her clients. All of whom are rich and want only the best in their homes and on their bodies. Michelene is single. Her best friend is Lisa Renoir. Lisa Renoir owns The Gallery. She sells high end art that only the rich can afford. The novel drastically changes when Lisa Renoir is found in her home on the Bayou murdered. Michelene takes the news badly. She and Lisa were like sisters. However, before the murder Lisa had began to pull away and become very secretive about the man whom she was dating. In Dangerous Intentions by Donna Hill, all sorts of issues come into play such as interracial dating, secrecy, greed, theft.

This question remained with me. Is it possible to have a best friend, one like a sister, and not really know her at all? This is Michelene's struggle. Did she ever really know the real Lisa Renoir? I found that question fascinating. Lisa Renoir appears strong and confident and happy. Really, she was needy and insecure.

All of the relationships are complicated and quite interesting fitting in with a complicated murder. Celeste Renoir, Lisa's mother, seemed odd to me. The words from her mouth are that she is a very grief stricken mother, and I think Donna Hill wanted her to seem like a very distressed mother, but she came across as cold, distant and demanding.

I truly enjoyed the novel. It was hard to put down. Liked the setting of Lisa's house, way, way back in a wooded area where anything could go down without anyone knowing what was happening. Percy is very interesting. Will not say more about him for fear of ruining the novel. Again, I enjoyed it, and always have enjoyed a Donna Hill novel when I could get my hands on one. donnahill.com ( )
  Tea58 | Mar 12, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,527 books! | Top bar: Always visible