The Mirror by John A. Heldt
621,268,033 (4.5)None

The Mirror by John Heldt
This time travel book starts out with two sisters who are given tickets to the local fair. They spend 8 hours there and even get a reading from a physic who tells them they should go straight home and leave the fair grounds.
The girls wander around a little bit more and investigate the house of mirrors which is from the 1960's originally when it was closed down. Katie goes through a mirror into a different time and Ginny replicates her steps. They do end up in the 1960's and they discuss what their parents had always told them about time travel. They had done it also several times...
This book also mentions the other books in the time travel series that I recall the people and who they are related to.
The women gets jobs in Seattle at a grocery store and as it's May the fair won't come til Sept, for one week. That will be their chance to get back to their time. They do start dating and I love the descriptions of the area as we visit there often.
Like them I sit back and take it all in, music, movies, TV shows, etc. The link to their family and past they find....
Love the assignment she's given as a photographer-we travel there just about every 2 years now for the past 6 years. Story follows each of the girls love interests mixed in with racial adjustments going on in the nation that effect them all.
Travel to other places in the area that I've yet to visit are very descriptive and love the falls spot the best.. Liked hearing of the connection between the generations-at times it just doesn't seem possible.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Apr 28, 2014 |
The fifth installment of the Northwest Passage series has Ginny and Katie (twins) celebrating their 19th birthday at the county fair. They find themselves in 1964 when one sister goes back in time in the house of mirrors.

Once there they meet their great grandmother and a few boys. Soon they have a life altering choice to take, what direction will they chose and how will it all end?

A fast paced adventure, filled with secrets, suspense, love, family and friendship. I really liked Ginny and Katie, I being a twin myself, could really understand the bond the sisters had. Twins are unique in so many ways and John A. Heldtgot it spot on, how it feels to be a twin (at least in my opinion). I strongly recommend The Mirror, for those who love time travel/adventure stories.

Also recommend the first four The Mine,The Fire,The Show andThe Journey. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Apr 2, 2014 |
The Mirror (Northwest Passage #5) by John A. Heldt

Also recommend the first four The Mine,The Fire,The Show andThe Journey.
added by SheriAWilkinson | editPrinceton, Il., Sheri A Wilkinson (Mar 12, 2014)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,900,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible