As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre

by Ann Aguirre

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A steamy sequel with even more feels than the first one!

Opening Sentence: “It would be hard to argue with anyone who called me a failure.”

The Review:

Whew! Where can I even begin. When I saw this on my review list I picked up the first one because I usually try to read a series in order, (I don’t always have the time to do catch up on a large series, but if one or two books are out before the one I have to review, I will read the series from the beginning) I really loved it! That being said, this one was my favorite so far… I mean seriously, Lauren was so freaking likeable and totally great! Rob was like the perfect book boyfriend, and well the perfect guy in general. If you remember his sister Nadia is the focus of book one, and this book actually parallel each other. Lauren fails out and leaves not too long into the first book. As Long As You Love Me picks up literally where she leaves off in book one.

Lauren comes home feeling like a failure, and she is struggling to admit to herself why she let everything turn into an epic failure. She runs into Rob and then ends up hanging out despite the fact that he is dating Avery. They really begin to get to know each other in spite of the major crush Lauren has had on him since she was 14. When a friend of Avery gossips that Rob is cheating on Avery with Lauren, Rob breaks up with Avery because of the trust issues (L + R are not cheaters, just so we are all clear). Not long after that Rob and Lauren start to fall into a relationship. Lauren ends up in one of the funniest fights I have ever seen in a book. I am not lying. I laughed out loud, and seriously loved every minute of it, including Avery! In an odd twist the girls actually become fast friends after the altercation!

From there it just gets way too filled with spoilers to tell you more. Suffice to say this book is the best. I loved the friendships, not only between the girls but between Rob and Lauren. It was a major highlight of this book to see such an emphasis on friendship! I can say that I laughed and cried during this book, the feels are there. I really connected with Lauren, I loved her wit, snark and just about everything about her. It was great to see a woman who can realize she is broken, and that is important for people to be successful on their own. I say that because a lot of people can get dependent in relationships, and I think the most successful relationships are between equals and it is important for you to know your demons, and love yourself regardless! That is a huge message and it made me love this book even more.

I thought for sure I would breeze through this book like I had the first one, but I enjoyed it so much that I found myself soaking in every word. You don’t need to have read book one, but it would help you to know who everyone is. I am super excited to read book 3, even though I am fairly sure it just won’t top As Long As you Love Me. If you are looking for an amazing New Adult read then look no further, so far this series has been amazing! Although I do have to admit that I really want more of Rob and Lauren, seriously I could read another book about them.

Notable Scenes:

“There were no running boards, and I was short, almost a full foot smaller than him; before I could clamber up, he set his hands on my waist and lifted, setting me on the passenger seat with a sort of casual strength that stole my breath.”

“He was tentative, and I wondered if he’d always been this unsure of himself.”

“Rob building my bed was likely the closet I’d ever come to having him in it.”

“I siphoned the bitterness out of the thought as he studied my face.”

“Everything was just hidden like a deep, deep well, and then sealed shut with an iron lid.”

“Not the best move when your not-boyfriend might be planning to bludgeon your boss to death.”

FTC Advisory: Harlequin provided me with a copy of As Long As You Love Me. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Apr 28, 2016 |
Review

I freaking love this trilogy! Ann Aguirre makes me fall in love with her characters.

I loved getting into Lauren's head. We catch glimpses of her drinking and other problems in I Want It That Way. We find the reason behind those insecurities in this book. She's used to playing a role in her life, and finds it hard to open up. She's had a massive crush on Rob since she was a teen, and the feelings have never gone away. I like that she learns to open up some, and wants to get a handle on the issues that she has. Rob is absolutely adorable. He's not dumb like everyone thinks. He is a perfect gentleman, and absolutely swoonworthy.

I love the sexual tension between Rob and Lauren. What's even better about it is that it's not unknown tension. It's like they are purposely torturing each other. Their relationship is sweet, but full of doubt. They don't know that they could give themselves over completely.

I also loved seeing the personal growth in all of the characters. Each person is fighting their own battles, but they seem to find the strength in each other to move forward in their lives.

I can't wait to see Max's story, and where that leads him.

Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Read the First Chapter HERE!
Other Books in the 2B Trilogy:

I Want It That Way
As Long As You Love Me
The Shape Of My Heart (11/25/14)
As Long As You Love Me Blog Tour
BestSellers & BestStellars-Review Only
For the Love of Books by Jaime-Review Only
Little Whimsy Books-Review Only
The Phantom Paragrapher-Review Only
Daydream Books-Excerpt ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |

The Characters

Rob Conrad is the best. So strong and caring and surprisingly sweet.
Lauren Barrett smart, funny and relatable.

The Story

I’ve been crap at reviews lately. I seem to be stuck at loved it or hate it. On the bright side I loved this one. All I can put together to say is the blurb should read:

Hot sex scenes, a smart heroine and a hero that will make
your heart and your panties melt.

The Random Thoughts

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 10, 2015 |
As Long As You Love Me is second in a three book series, but can be read as a stand alone.
Lauren comes back home to Sharon, Nebraska after flunking out of college. She was unhappy being away and wants to try and take some online courses instead. While home again, Lauren meets up with her best friend’s brother, Rob and the two begin to spend alot of time together. She has always had a thing for Rob but he has always treated her like a baby sister.

Rob is your all around nice guy but he has self-esteem issues. He feels like he is eye candy material not marriage material and he tends to sell himself short. He has a girlfriend, who is not right for him and even though he finds himself attracted to Lauren, he refuses to cheat on the girlfriend.

Lauren offers to help him get Rob’s furniture business going by setting him up online and whatnot and soon enough the business takes off. Sometimes, you have to be careful what you wish for. I’ll leave it at that.
Rob was sweet and I knew he and Lauren would get together in the end. I definitely enjoyed the tension between the two.

One thing though, I did not like that Rob was so low on self-esteem. I don’t know but something about that started to grate on me after a while. On the other hand however, his character was really sweet. He is a thoughtful hero and always putting others first, especially Lauren.

Another thing I liked was how Lauren’s character developed. She has anxiety issues and as the story flows she struggles with this. It affects her in many ways and as the story progresses she is determined to get a handle on it.

The story mainly centers around Rob and Lauren getting together with a few speed bumps along the way. There is a supporting cast of characters like friends Avery and Nadia, and the storyline flowed smoothly.
Lauren and Rob have personal issues to get through and I enjoyed the way things wrapped up. I liked that they each did things on their own as far as self-improvement, before ending up together.

I recommend As Long As You Love Me if you enjoy new adult romance with flawed characters who will win you over. This was an enjoyable read.
Also, I like the cover! Isn’t it cute?

Disclaimer: This review is my honest opinion. I did not receive any kind of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. I am under no obligation to write a positive review. I received my free review copy of As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre via Amazon Vine.
https://bookwormnai.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/as-long-as-you-love-me-by-ann-aguirre/ ( )
  bookworm_naida | Feb 21, 2015 |
I like this author's dark and edgy young adult books. So I thought I would try the author's take on the new adult genre. This genre is written about characters who are college age and are just starting to try and find themselves. This book is the second in a trilogy from the author. If you have read the first book, I Want It That Way, then you will recognize the characters that briefly appear in this book. They don't physically appear in this one but Lauren does communicate with them some. Plus, Nadia from the first book is Lauren's best friend and whom Rob is the big brother of.

I did like this book but I was not in love with it. Not in the way that I hoped to be. It is funny but I was actually hoping for more passion. Although I liked the scenes when Lauren and Rob did hook up. They were steamy. I would rate the story overall in this department a sweet/mild. I got Lauren and Rob taking their time and I will be the first to say that I do like when characters work up to it but it just seemed like they were walking on egg shells with each other before they did make that first move. Though a nice book for someone that wants to check out new adult stories without a lot of sex. You could say I am just spoiled on the author's darker side. ( )
  Cherylk | Nov 11, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,012,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible