Clarity by Loretta Lost

Clarity

by Loretta Lost

Series: Clarity (1)

Holy Crap Good!

This book blew me away. I had no idea it was a novella and devoured it in an evening. And it made me laugh, out loud! No book has ever made me laugh with such intensity. I loved it.

Great perspective and interesting storyline. First person present too. The prologue instantly grabbed me. I think I really related to this character. Something bad happened to her, and she really shut down and hid from the world. And then two freakin' hilarious doctors show up on her doorstep. Okay, one sounds like a dream boat, and one has a crude sense of humor, but I instantly liked both of them.

And them bam! Slammed with a twist at the end. Which I don't know why I didn't see it coming, but now I have to read more.

A bit of crude humor and at least one swear word on each page. ( )
  LisaRector | Sep 28, 2017 |
A young blind woman is brutally attacked and leads to a life of solidarity. Her family and friends lose touch with her until one day some doctors look her up to try and get her to agree to an experimental treatment to restore her sight. Coming back to a society who was so cruel to her will be a trying experience, but Helen is ready. That is until she sets foot in her old home and all her senses come rushing back. ( )
  wndy2011 | Jul 8, 2015 |
The opening chapter of this book is amazingly vivid. I love that I get pulled into the emotion so quickly. The main plot of this book; leaving with the doctors, is highly unbelievable, but besides that I love this book. The characters are written well and the chemistry is beautiful.
When Winter first hears Grayson's voice I was terrified for her. Fantastic writing!

Although I was a little annoyed with how abruptly the book ended. To be honest I immediately went and bought the other two books. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
I didn't know what to expect when I started this book. I mean the 'free' books on Amazon can be hit or miss but I really liked this one. It started out with some heavy subject matter but then it was left in the past where it belonged and the story became lighter and I caught myself chuckling. This book is told in 3 different books so of course it ended on a cliffhanger and I immediately bought book 2... Let's see where this story goes. ( )
  Sharn | Apr 7, 2015 |
Clarity is unlike any book I have read. It is beautiful, tragic, hopeful, comical, soulful, and mesmerizing. I was completely captivated by Helen’s story. Her strength is powerful, her fragility endearing. There is obvious heat and chemistry between Helen and Liam that gives rise to hope that Helen will be able to overcome the serious challenges she faces in allowing someone to enter her life again. While Author Loretta Lost keeps the story light and positive throughout most of the book there are moments that are hard to experience. These moments contribute significantly to Helen’s ability to trust Liam and allowing herself to get close to him. While Helen’s hesitation is more than understandable, I am eager to read the next book in the series and hopeful that she is able to overcome the traumatic moments that sent her into isolation. I highly recommend it! ( )
  AllyMcMahon | Jul 28, 2014 |

Fiercely independent Helen Winters was born completely blind, but she vowed never to let her disability keep her down. Disillusioned by the cruelty of people, Helen retreated from society to live by herself as a reclusive writer in the woods-where no one could ever hurt her again. When a brilliant young doctor shows up on her doorstep, promising her that his new research can give her the ability to see for the first time, Helen stubbornly refuses. But Dr. Liam Larson will not take no for an answer. He makes it his personal mission to rescue Helen from her loneliness, and bring joy into her world once more-the joy she has denied herself for so long. When Helen's demons come racing back into her life, threatening to rip her apart and destroy the strength she has carefully rebuilt, Liam is the only one who might be able to save her. Can he reach the broken girl in time, helping her to heal and see the world in a different light? Or will Helen's grief send her spiraling out of control, lost to him forever?… (more)

Nadia Scrieva is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,402,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible