Beneath the Scars by Ottilie Weber

Beneath the Scars

by Ottilie Weber

322,001,085 (4.5)None

Sometimes our lives don’t turn out the way we had hoped. Circumstances beyond our control change our fate. After the death of her parents, twenty-three-year-old Eponine struggles to provide for herself and her ten-year-old sister so she won’t lose custody. Riley struggles to accept his new life after he was terribly scarred by the war.

BENEATH THE SCARS, by Author Ottile Weber, is the story of one woman’s courage as she puts her own life aside to care for her sister. Eponine faces a case worker determined to terminate her custody rights, a would-be lover getting even because she won’t date him, and earning enough money to support herself. Riley is a war hero, but the burns he suffered while on duty and the way people stare at him when he leaves his apartment make him feel like a monster, so he hides under a hoodie and avoids going out. Told in alternating points of view, we get a glimpse of Eponine’s and Riley’s thoughts and lives.

Ottile Weber has written a story of family and love. BENEATH THE SCARS is also a story of looking at the person, not just what we see on the outside but the beauty that is on the inside. Ms. Weber also touches on the challenges and dangers our military men and women face each day. This is a novel that will touch your heart and perhaps make you more aware of the sacrifices paid by those that are defending our country and its people. It has me. ( )
  beverlyjean | Sep 5, 2014 |
Everyone has tough spots in life, and what we do with those situations that make us. Beneath the Scars is my first full length New Adult novel, it was a little different to write, including me having to write woman instead of girl. I loved these characters, it made writing this story so enjoyable. Charlotte was suppose to be a background character, but she is a little pushy ;) and Riley I hope you all enjoy him as much as I have. Eponine is hopefully considered a strong woman, I do try to keep my female characters strong no matter the situation they are thrown into. Hope you enjoy Beneath the Scars as much as I did writing it! ( )
  ottilieweber | Apr 24, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 149361908X, Paperback)

Corporal Riley Nolan is back home and out of the hospital after sustaining severe injuries in a skirmish overseas. His physical injuries may be healed, though he is left with horrible scars all over his body. His mind is still healing, and he has almost no contact with the world outside his small dark apartment. After the death of her parents and being forced to sell their house and move into an apartment in a new town, Eponine is left picking up the pieces while trying to maintain a normal life for her little sister, Genevieve. Can these new neighbors help each other heal, finding the light and laughter in the world again? Most importantly, can Eponine help Riley see he's not the monster he believes himself to be beneath the scars?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:34 -0400)

Ottilie Weber is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible