Floodgates by Mary Calmes

Floodgates

by Mary Calmes

205515,329 (3.9)None

Prepare for those floodgates!!!

#TeamMaryCalmes

#BookCrack

#DisBitchIsReading

#FuckYeah!

#I'mOnItMan!

#Can'tWait
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
I could have used more time with Cord and Tracy together, and I would have liked a little more drama between them. It was like they both gave in and decided to stop being mean to each other too easily/quickly, and after all the crap with Breck, Tracy trusted Cord, who was quite the manwhore himself, a little too easily. I'm wondering if Alex is going to end up being gay or bi and having a relationship with Dimah?! ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
Not being able to read all Mary Calmes' books at first I was a little confused, cause there were so many characters, and apparently so many interesting subplot, that it was like one of those romances where you meet couples from previous books, huddling all together to enjoy some festivity together. But that went away quickly and actually I was able to catch what the author was doing, introducing a new "world" and any possible future books (even if I know want the story of Matt and Eric).

Anyway, our man, Tracy, is coming out (no pun intended) from a break-up with Breckin, and even if Breckin is basically perfect, I have never liked the perfect ones, so I was all for Tracy to forget him and see the fine candidate boyfriend he has in Cord, his brother's best friend. Cord was a player, but that was years ago, and if Tracy wasn't distracted by Breckin, maybe he would have noticed it before.

Tracy is a little crazy, seeing things at his own way, able to see the good in his business partner (Dimah), when everyone else tells him to leave him and the danger he represents; but Tracy is also precious, to his friends and family, precious cause he is like a treasure, and they know it; you can see in how much fiercely protective they are of Tracy, how they will do everything for him. Cord wants a little of that, he wants Tracy, but he wants also to be part of the circle of love that is around Tracy, to finally be part of something, not alone anymore.

I have to say that, as for as mystery goes, I understood who was the villain first shot, it wasn't really that difficult, but truth be told, this wasn't really a plot focused around the mystery, but more around the romance between Tracy and Cord, and that was good.

elisa.rolle | Mar 19, 2014 |

Tracy and Cord have fought their attraction for years. When Tracy finds himself with a target on his back, Cord rides to the rescue.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible