Good Together by C.J. Carmichael

I really enjoyed this book! It's a beautiful story of life's twists and new found love. Well written with great characters. I would have rated higher but the pace of the story was a little slower than I would have liked and the ending felt rushed but the overall story was very good. Recommend to all. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Carmichael is a very good writer. She’s written about a relevant topic in GOOD TOGETHER and given us likable characters we can identify with. She does a good job describing ranch life in Montana and I liked the twist on the traditional ranch for Bishop Stables. Mattie and Nat’s love affair has a solid foundation she never realized was being built over their years as neighbors. Forced into an every changing reality with almost no control over events, Mattie deals with her life as most strong women would. After mourning her marriage and former life, she starts to heal and move on. Much of her healing must be done alone because of the isolation of ranch life but one constant in her life, Nat Diamond, continues to prove his dedication and friendship and eventually much more.

I found the story between Nat and Mattie a bit too slow moving. The pace was likely realistic for the situation but as a romance novel, I’d have liked to see more of the love affair. I also found several chapters focusing on the daughters, especially Portia, to be disjointed. They seemed like filler with nothing to add to the book. Or at a minimum, incomplete because while we see glimpses into their lives, we never really get the conclusion.

The writing is excellent and the story is average.

RATING: 4 Stars

Heat Rating: Mild: Mild detailed scenes of intimacy, mild violence or profanity.

Reviewed by: ReadWarrior

Courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Apr 25, 2014 |
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4.5
Review:

"Good Together" by CJ Carmichael was one of those stories that after you read it will leave you saying wow! By being a book reviewer I have read some of it all and I found this novel lead me on a very emotional tense ride of the heroine being so blindsided from it all from guess who...her husband. I did love how this author was able to take the reader on a journey of showing how strong a person can be in the mist of all the hardships that one goes through. The read was somewhat long taking you through a lots of other characters and showing their emotions and strengths. What I really loved about this read this author was able to convey that when you are down and out how there can be someone to come in and help you through and with your most difficult time in your life as it was for Mattie Carrigan. For Mattie's end of a marriage brought in to her a friend, a neighbor who was their for her through her hard times. I simply loved how this author brought it all together for Mattie. "Good Together" was definitely a enlightening read that may have you in tears but in the end you will be given a amazing well written read that I would recommend to you. ( )
  arlenadean | Apr 20, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,623,614 books! | Top bar: Always visible