The Escape: Book 2 in the Pulse Trilogy by…

The Escape: Book 2 in the Pulse Trilogy

by Shoshanna Evers

112820,536 (2)None

This is a dystopian, almost apocalyptic series. An EMP has gone off shutting everything down in the US. Most of the population has died.

Book one was pretty good so I'm finally on to book two. Book one was about a couple escaping New York. Martial law is in effect, and the ones in charge are cruel and insane. Book two gives us glimpses into what that couple is doing now as well as other escapees and the camp from which they broke out.

I didn't like book two as much because I feel the story is becoming too broad maybe. By the end of book two, I felt like the third book would not be enough to finish all that was started in book two. The series arc feels like it's just going to get bigger instead of heading toward a conclusion. There may be too much going on for me to feel the connection I felt with book one.

I did like how the storyline makes you think about things you never would in our current world. All the things we would miss...like google search and socks. It brought up points that I never would have thought like how many foods do not have viable seeds in order to grow more because of genetic engineering."I'm thinking how strange it is, how perfectly normal people have become prostitutes, thieves, rapists, and murderers. How did that happen?"
I have no idea exactly which direction the storyline is going but it appears to be war.

If you're looking a end of the world type read that's erotic and occasionally dark themed (flashes of nonconsensual sex and torture), you should check this out.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-escape-by-shoshanna-... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Shoshanna Evers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible