Nova and Quinton: No Regrets by Jessica…

Nova and Quinton: No Regrets

by Jessica Sorensen

I loved the first two books in this series, and I was hoping book three would focus on the characters healing and finally being together. About half way through the book, I was bored. I was ready for the characters to move on and be together. They were in different states and texting and calling each other.

I do like how the author shows how there are normally other issues you are dealing with when dealing with addiction. In the case of Quinton, he is dealing with his feelings of guilt around the death of his girlfriend and friend. I get that! But, I was ready for this to move forward and not only focus on that. I wish there was more romance. I found myself skimming through to the end. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 24, 2017 |
I received this book in exchange for a honest review

This is the next instalment of this series
Again this book was engaging to the point where I didn't want to put it down until I had finished it.

It is well written, heart wrenching but also heart fulfilling. It takes a topic that can happen in the real world of addiction, loss & guilt and open your eyes to each persons situation and how that come through it.

Loved this book and I love this author. ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
I received this book in exchange for a honest review

This is the next instalment of this series

Loved this book and I love this author. ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
I wanted to read this one because I adored their first book, had my heart wrecked by the second and just had to find out if they could get their elusive HEA.
We are back to the dual perspectives and I am loving this healthy Quinton. He's brutally honest, and working so hard to stay clean. He knows that he's not ready for a relationship, but he and Nova text and talk on the phone all of the time. I love their interactions and how they transition from sexy, to funny to serious, to talking about nothing and back again. I get to see the best of them through the other's eyes and their happiness and being caught up in being in love.
I really appreciate that Quinton is putting staying sober above all things though, and I am still seeing growth in him but also in Nova. She is realizing just how much she loves to help others and starting to accept that some of the things that others think about her, that she is a joy, that she can bring out the best in others, and has a gift for seeing the best in others and not giving up on wanting to help them. She is considering a journalism project that would cause her to travel and its causing her a lot of stress and indecision because she wants to be around to help others, and weighing at what point she should make a decision for herself.
We see a lot of Tristan in this one. He is so hitting on Nova and she is trying to be blind to it, because she wants to be his friend and help him, but for her its Quinton, and no room for thoughts of other guys. He's sick and hiding things for part of it, and based on the prologue I had some suspicions, but then I saw on Jessica's site that he gets a book, so I don't know if I can be right, or if it will somehow work into the next storyline.
While this one still deals with a lot of hard stuff, and Nova is still working through seeing her late boyfriend's suicide and Quinton is dealing with the death of Lexi and Ryder and how to move on but still honor their memories and deal with the grief. I think its awesome that he's in therapy, going to a group about guilt and being a survivor from tragedies, as well as volunteering in the community. He is getting to put his focus on helping others while helping himself, and I think that is a great way to give back as well as help others in their dark times.
I flew through this one, and all the while reveling in the chemistry between Nova and Quinton and so rooting for them to be able to work it out and actually be in the same room together to get more of their scorching kisses and maybe more.
The ending managed to make me so happy, and really get the characters on their feet and make me happy. It was so realistic, and while nothing was magically perfect there was a promise that things could be amazing and a sense that they are ready for the next part of their lives, that as readers we aren't going to really be able to access, unless through Tristan's story.

Bottom Line: Realistic and emotional. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | May 16, 2014 |

Jessica Sorensen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,009,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible