Bound by Lies (Bound, #1) by Hanna Peach

Bound by Lies (Bound, #1)

by Hanna Peach

Fantastic Read

Was blown away by this series from the opening lines till the end I was transfixed by the rollercoaster of a ride these books took me on ,I spent the whole first book trying to figure out the need for Cadens rules and my heart breaking for Kittens need to get closer to him, this was an epic love story with so many twists and turns and I really enjoyed both books kitten and Caden were so easy to connect and sympathise with and the story kept me guessing till the bitter end a series well worth the money. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
This is the story of kitten, who is on the run and caught up in a sexualized relationship with Caden. He controls everything about their relationship, and is very secretive. Kitten accepts that, though she pushes the boundaries a bit and wants more. We learn that she is on the run from another man, who was extremely controlling (college girl as possession). After she escaped his clutches, she's been on the run, working cash jobs and keeping everyone at a distance. Caden is the first person she's allowed herself to care for, and it seems as if he has betrayed her, too -- and is not what he initially seemed.

The book is written in the first person, present tense, which I personally don't care for. The sex scenes were steamy, but I wanted more depth to the relationship. Also - and this is very nit-picky, but it pulled me out of the story -- Caden's nickname for the main character is kitten and it's not capitalized. Also, we never learn the character's real name. As the reader, I wanted that - I wanted to feel as if the character telling the story was being honest with me.

It was an enjoyable read, but not compelling. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
2.5 stars -- would have been a 3 star read if the ending made more sense. I can't tell if the entire love story was a lie of if the hero loves her and is trying to save her. I guess I should also mention that I don't really care enough to read the second book. ( )
  sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,939,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible