Last Second Chance (Second Chance, #1) by…

Last Second Chance (Second Chance, #1)

by Caisey Quinn

"3.5 out of 5 stars. Profound, thought provoking, extremely intense, and one whorl wind romance that I thoroughly enjoyed."

Read more of this review, character interview, and TWO teasers here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/05/blog-tour-made-grade-last-seco... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
This complete story was a joy to read. Even in their dark times, I loved Stella and Van. I cheered for them and wanted them to realize what the other was thinking and give in to their hearts instead of listening to their heads. I loved that this story was complete though I still wish for more. These characters captured a forever spot in my heart! ( )
  lornajarkin | Oct 28, 2014 |
Finding the words to describe how much I loved this book are going to be difficult, but I'll try.

It's no secret that I love everything I have read by Caisey Quinn but this book blew me away. In perfect Caisey Quinn fashion I was pulled into Van and Stella's story. It isn't a pretty one, but then again not all love stories are.

Van is an addict. Sex, drugs, and rock n roll. The whole shebang. He uses alcohol and whatever drugs he can get his hands on to take him away, to numb him from everything in his past, and when that doesn't work sex does. He's drowning in all of it. He's offered his last second chance. Go to the Second Chance rehab facility and clean up or lose his band.

Stella Jo wants something different out of life than running around and doing her mama's bidding. She just wants to feel something, to make a change. So instead of running back home to mama she takes a job at Second Chance Ranch Rehab.

I loved seeing Van and Stella's story unfold. It was messy, ugly, sad, and beautiful all at the same time. The hardest thing in life to understand sometimes is that life isn't always pretty, sometimes it's ugly. It makes you want to check out for awhile. To forget, to stop feeling anything but oblivion. This book helps remind us of that. However it also helps remind us that life is about more than one, two, or even three chances. Sometimes all it takes is having that one person in your corner to help you fight your battles, to help remind you that you don't have to do it alone.

This is one of my favorite Caisey Quinn books. She continues to amaze me with not just her writing ability but with her ability to take on something darker than she usually writes and to knock it out of the park!

If you want a simple, butterflies and roses romance story this isn't it. If you want something a little edgy, sexy, and that deals with struggles of the harder part of life. then this is for you.

Beautifully done!
***ARC provided for the blog tour*** ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible