Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2) by Susan…

Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)

by Susan Fanetti

I loved both this book and the first one in the series. Cant wait for the next one. Show, oh yeah! ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |
I still owe a review of book one ( Move the Sun) which I loved, but wanted to give a brief review of book two Behold the Stars.

Behold the Stars picks up where Move the Sun ends and is a natural progression in the story line. The book expands on the current cast of characters and introduces very few new ones with the exception of Lawrence Ellis and his goons.

Unlike many of today’s current romantic trilogies, Behold the Stars is more about furthering the overall plot, then the romance between Isaac and Lilli. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of romance, growth. patience, love, understanding, frustration and sacrifice between our H/h in this book. In fact love is sometimes the only thing that holds Isaac and Lilli together.

Behold the Stars is a violent book, as with any book that deals with war (and this is domestic, urban warfare, of the dirtiest kind), the carnage is dramatic, it effects women, children, animals, property, and the human spirit. The writing is graphic and descriptive, its gut wrenching at times. The death toll is high, many a marriage doesn’t survive the loss of life, and Isaac and Lilli are caught in the middle of all of this, Isaac carries the emotional burden of each member of The Night Horde MC, wounded or killed while trying to stop Lawrence Ellis from taking over control of Signal Bend, Missouri. Isaac also carries the burden of not being able to protect Lilli, but never does he abandon her, his love and need to be with her is so strong, his patience so incredible, that its hard to believe that he’s a “bad ass” MC club president and not a saint.

Although not a warm fuzzy book, the writing is good, the characters stand out as strong, proud, good people – very real. The situations also have outcomes that are realistic, and true to human nature. The many traumas that Lilli endures and survives are incredible, and the reactions that she has physically and emotionally are so real, that one just has to root for her, and thank goodness Isaac is by her side.

I was very fortunate t have finished book one just a day before book two was published, so waiting for the book three will be hard. I am hoping that the author will allow Isaac and Lilly to have peace, success and happiness in the third book, I want them to still have active roles in the story, but am willing to let another character take the forefront. From the book three teaser (link below) it looks like that might just happen.

Behold the Stars was a memorable, emotional roller coaster of book to read, I fell like the characters are just so real, and I am so happy to have shared time with them. Isaac and Lilli are a great couple, and like the phoenix they will rise from this hellfire, and make an awesome life filled with love and devotion for each other. Behold the Stars was 5 star read for me, a book heavy with plot, fleshed out characters, follow through on story line, no unnecessary bits of info that gets left unresolved, true to life characters, and more drama, and emotion then I would have imagined. I love what Susan Fanetti, has brought forth so far, and look forward to following her books in the future
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Awesome, amazing.... totally not what I was expecting. It was brutal, scary, twisted and beautiful. This isn't a "typical" MC book where the whole plot is just outrageous sex and party scenes meant to shock you. This has so much more.... This is about a towns' survival from a drug lord who wants to take over. The only thing that is there to stop him is a small group of bikers that are willing to risk it all to save their town. This is about war... sacrifice and loss... good vs. evil. I just loved it! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Even better than "Move the Sun"!

FYI:Less sex than "Move the Sun", same amount of violence (it is a MC fighting for their survival) with another (non-graphic but still disturbing) rape scene. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |

Lawrence Ellis, with vast wealth and power, has made it known that he wants control of Signal Bend, Missouri. He is a man who always gets what he wants; there are no limits to the lengths he'll go, and he has the means to pay all manner of people to do his dirty work for him. The Night Horde MC, led by its President, Isaac Lunden, is wildly outmatched but prepared nonetheless to defend their hometown to the last man, and they are willing to do whatever they must to protect their home. Lilli Accardo, Isaac’s old lady, with her own special skills and resources, stands with them, rebelling against Isaac’s need to shield her.

After toying with them for months, Ellis loses patience for the game and rains down destruction on the Horde, their families, and the town itself. Tested to their very limits, beyond anything they could have imagined, forced to travel dark roads, the citizens of Signal Bend fight a war no one—not even they themselves—thinks they can win.

Challenged constantly from without, beset by their own inner demons, Isaac and Lilli must find the true strength within their bond. Isaac needs to protect what is his; Lilli needs to stand on her own; but they are stronger side by side.

Even in the deepest darkness, love brings hope.

NOTE: dark themes; explicit sex and violence.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,012,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible