The Platinum Man by E. Llewellyn

The Platinum Man

by E. Llewellyn

I went and grabbed a sample of this book because of all the 'snublicity' (not my word- but the author's) that I saw on Goodreads and the author's Facebook page.

I am glad that I did so and did not rush out to purchase because although I do enjoy well written romance, this was not the case. The author relies too much on description. There should be a balance between showing and telling, the emphasis being on showing, but the author goes too far. Everything is a simile. Not for me. I give it one and a half stars for the exaggerated similes.

In addition, I leave you with this screenshot of the author's FB page and her post about me to let you know what you are potentially facing if you leave a less than enthusiastic review (which has been reported officially, and has been taken down):

autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |

That fucking blurb. My eyes. ___

I read the first chapter of this, which the gracious author was kind enough to post on her Facebook page. Thank you! Too kind.

I hated it. The writing was terrible and trite. It was pretentious and wordy, just like the blurb. The plot, what I read of it, was boring and not engaging. My biggest gripe is the main character. Complete asshole.

I'm so glad I didn't waste any money on this book. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Jangly uncomfortably written prose. ( )
  joeyr | Mar 15, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,816,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible