My Clarity by M. CLARKE

My Clarity

by M. CLARKE

Disappointing- I so wanted to love this book! Clarke starts out wonderfully, weaving together Alex's story, intertwining hers with Elijah's as they begin a friendship and build a foundation... Then BAM! Nonsense. It was rushed and predictable, and as if Clarke had read every contemporary romance out there & tried to pile all the possible scenarios into this relationship and Elijah's character. It felt surprisingly immature and amateurish, and I wish I could rewrite the second half of this book. Unfortunately I cannot, and I also cannot recommend a book that is only partially worthy of my time. ( )
  KimMcReads | Jul 15, 2015 |
This was a very sweet story. Maybe too sweet for me. I don't always need realistic but it does need to be believeable. I just didn't buy certain scenarios. Alex seemed very young and her thought process irritated me. Maybe I've just become too cynical or maybe all the guys in my life act too cool to sing songs from Grease at karaoke (and without being completely drunk and doing it on a dare). Never would they *gasp* enjoy it! Lol!

Elijah really was the best thing about this book and his hotness kept me reading.

I tried. I wanted to believe...but...nope. Sorry. I can see how others would really enjoy it but it wasn't for me.

GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
This is a heart warming, emotional felt story and a good read.

You are drawn in from the beginning and are wanting to read right to the end.

A well written story about love and loss.

You can get lost within the pages of this book.

****I received an arc in exchange for an honest review **** ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
This is a heart warming, emotional felt story and a good read.

You are drawn in from the beginning and are wanting to read right to the end.

A well written story about love and loss.

You can get lost within the pages of this book.

****I received an arc in exchange for an honest review **** ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
First, let me say that I just adore M. Clarke. Her books are like a breath of fresh air.

This book is no different. I loved the characters, I loved the story. I loved the love.

It's not overwhelmingly dramatic. It's not angsty per se. It's not dark. It's just a love story. A sweet and well thought out love story.

We all need a refresher on what real love stories can look like, and this one takes me back to those years when everything was possible. When the love of your life could be around the next corner, waiting for you. It's a time worth remembering and a time worth reliving.

Take a trip with these lovely characters and enjoy their story. It's worth the time. ( )
  Kate.Good | Jul 3, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,979,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible