Keep Me (Grayson Sibling, #1) by Faith…

Keep Me (Grayson Sibling, #1)

by Faith Andrews

KEEP ME BY FAITH ANDREWS: 1 FEB 2014

I'm too mentisental. Too firmly rooted in Romancelandia to be okay with my hero being this attracted to the ow, Skylar, during his relationship with the heroine.
About 70% into book, she tries her feminine wiles on him.
In his bedroom.
After a fight with the h....sigh....
Excerpt:
"I turned to walk away, but Skylar had me cornered, her hands secured to the dresser, caging my much larger body with her tiny frame."

He DOES try to get out of it.
I just wish he didn't have to TOUCH her to do it. That he didn't have to look into her eyes to get his message across. He's a big man, our hero, but he didn't "bodily pick her up" and run like hell. I'm not sure why he decided to get all meaningful with a woman with whom he simply had a meaningless once off wham-bam with.
Excerpt:
"I pulled the hair at the nape of her neck and tilted her head so she could look at me. “Enough. I have a girlfriend and… this… is not happening.”

He's about to put more effort into getting rid of her but then the ow, the much smaller ow:
Excerpt:
"......beat me to it and forced her fingers in my hair and her mouth over mine."

THEN:
Excerpt:
"My brain tried with all it’s might to tell my body not to react—and it was doing a pretty good job—until her leg flung around my waist, her core grinding against me as her hand started to creep into my shorts."

Does he redeem himself before it’s too late? Nope.
Right after the above excerpt, the heroine walks in on them.
Excerpt:
"Just then, the door swung open and what I saw next made my heart implode."

And yes, he cheated.
Excerpt:
"We were done. I’d lost everything because of one momentary lapse of sanity."

This probably would’ve affected me more if I could feel a deep bond between the Hxh. Or even if they had that one-of-a-kind intense sexual chemistry.
Unfortunately I've had to add a new shelf especially for this book because it’s the first book I’ve read where the sexual heat between the hero and the ow is exactly the same, if not more intense than between him and the heroine.

****************

I'm also impractically unrealistic (hence my love of escapist romance reads) to the extent that I prefer my hero to connect on a deep level with the heroine's child. At least by 89% into their story, anyway. But this is where he admits he has an emotional attachment but not a truly deep one yet.
Excerpt:
"One day I would feel that."

He proves himself true to his feelings (or lack of deep feelings, anyway) when at 2 different times further into the story, his concern for the baby’s wellbeing is secondary and not instinctive.

*******
There IS an epilogue where things are neatly wrapped up though.
  BeegPanda | Aug 2, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible