Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss

Throttle Me

by Chelle Bliss

Wasn't sure if I was going to like this, not into the whole biker thing. But after the first few pages, I was hooked! I love how City just swooped in and 'saved' Suzy from literally everything! Being broke down on the side of the rode, her boring life, her timid sex life, the big bad drunk, and everything else that was thrown at them. All while being an alpha sexy man that was sweet too! Turns out that bikers aren't all that bad!! Read it in less than a day!! ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Suzy’s a control freak and has her life mapped out - work hard, find a man with a stable job, and live happily ever after. She’s content with the status quo, but her plan comes to a screeching halt when he enters her life and turns it upside down.

City gave up on love when his heart was crushed in college, preferring to be the typical bachelor. He spends his nights hopping from one bed to another and his days working at his family tattoo shop, Inked. A chance encounter on a dark road makes him question what he had sworn off forever – a relationship.

A night of passion and lust causes them to question everything. Is City the knight in shining armor to the damsel in distress? Can their relationship survive when a fantasy falls apart and a secret comes out that changes everything? ( )
  treehousereader | Apr 24, 2016 |
For full review: http://bambi-unbridled.blogspot.com/2015/01/review-throttle-me.html

This is the first book in the Men of Inked Series.

This book made me ranty! I had such high hopes - the average reviews are 4 stars. And that cover - OMG, that cover - it DESERVES a great story. But I was annoyed for the duration of the book. It starts off okay. We meet our smart-girl lead, an innocent who secretly wants to be bad. I thought I would relate to her, especially when she said bad luck follows her and her car breaks down on the side of the road while she is wearing uncomfortable hooker heels. That' would totally happen to me! But after that, it pretty much fell apart for me.

The writing seemed very simple. Does that even make sense? I can't think of a better way to describe it. And it was very immature. Seriously - I thought if it weren't for the sex, it could be a story about junior high. I mean, at one point, she says "it's on like Donkey Kong." Suzy was seriously TSTL. I wanted to smack her at least 50x throughout the book. She was very immature and judgmental. She thought City wasn't good enough for her just because he had tats and piercings. Whatever. I hated her wishy washy behavior with a passion. She was childish and unreasonably jealous.

City... man, what potential. Tattoos, piercings, a nice bike, a business and money. But that's about all I can say. I think I lost respect for him because he put up with Suzy. She just ruined the whole book for me.

The one good thing about this book? This quote:

Sometimes life doesn't give us what we're looking for, but it gives us what is supposed to be. We just have to be willing to take the plunge.

Will I keep reading? I don't know. I don't trust the reviews now. So I won't continue with the series right away, but I may try again in the future. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Contemporary Romance. Men of Inked 1. Control freak Suzie and manwhore tattooist City. Unmemorable. Poor
  C4RO | Jun 1, 2015 |
An AMAZING job Chelle!!! I loved City and Suzy together. They provide that opposites do attract. Suzy the control freak who has her perfect man all planned out on paper when BAM in pops City who is nothing like this perfect man. City a tattoo artist, drives a motorcycle who does what he wants and doesn't care what people think. Little does Suzy know City is more perfect for her than she ever could have thought. ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,909,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible