Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover

Better When He's Bad

by Jay Crownover

1221998,704 (4.03)None

Nothing stood out as great about this story. He's another bad boy. I didn't dislike the book, but it's not memorable either. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Shane “Bax” Baxter is the epitome of a tortured hero. In Bax’s mind he is bad to his core and not redeemable but I agree with the heroine Dovie Price - he had good in him.

This wasn’t your typical bad guy from wrong side of tracks falling for a girl from the right side of the tracks. Nope she came from the same side he did and grew up with the same crappy conditions but she managed to stay pure while he let it blacken his soul. But all that lost black soul needed was the light that Dovie was to start chipping away at the black and freeing him little by little.

When you first start reading this you think how can this be a romance with the revenge filled hatred of the hero, with all the violence and dire situations around but the author weaves a tale that ends with just that.

This was my first time reading this author and I really enjoyed her voice and her characters and look forward to the next book in the series.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Let's face it... Bax is one bad ass Book Boyfriend.

This book starts with Shane Baxter looking for his best friend. When a clue leads him to Dovie Pryce he is met with a tough redhead. At first they butt heads, but eventually a connection sparks and a relationship is formed. Together they search for her brother and his best friend. When they find him, the timing is unexpected and no one knows what will happen next.

Let's talk about the characters. Dovie Pryce is a strong willed, young woman. She concentrates on work and school and spends her free time at a children's home. Bax is a bad boy. He isn't afraid of anything... Actually he seeks out trouble. He does have a hint of softness when it comes to Dovie though.

The storyline was packed with suspense and twists and turns. Just when I thought I had it all pieced together, I was thrown for a loop.

The beginning was a tad slow, but keep reading. By Chapter Three, Bax had me wrapped around his bad ass finger.

All together I enjoyed this book a lot. I highly recommend this book to readers looking for a darker read with sexy characters. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Oh my days Jay Crownover gives us some delicious guys to swoon over! I didn't think Rule, Rome, Nash or Jet could be surpassed then in steps dark, brooding bad boy Shane Baxter and well the rest is history!

I went to bed with this last night and was still reading when my husband left for work! Bax is damaged, angry and by his own admission trouble, Dovie is a firey red-head with soft outside but a strength and determination that shocks Bax! I enjoyed reading how these fell into each other and I enjoyed the story surrounding it because that was tough with twists and turns and drama!

I'm looking forward to read about Race and hope that Titus gets a book too because he just love his brother and I'd like to see what else he's done to keep him out of trouble.

VictoriaJ1707 | Jul 2, 2016 |

"Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn't just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he's the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn't care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there's a new player in the game, and she's much too innocent, much too soft...and standing directly in his way. Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She's always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced. Bax terrifies her, awakening feelings she never thought she'd have for a guy like him. But it doesn't take Dovie long to realize... some boys are just better when they're bad"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible