Disarm: The Complete Novel by June Gray

Disarm: The Complete Novel

by June Gray

Series: DISARM (1-6)

When the secrets of the past begin to surface, the truth can be disarming

This story is simply amazing. This is a story that is not filled with an alpha man who comes in and sweeps the girl of his dreams off her feet and they fall instantly in love and live in bliss. This is a story about what the life of a soldier can do to you. It is about hiding your true feelings for someone because you think the timing is not right. The story of two people who met as teenagers became friends and then felt something more but neither one acted on those feelings until many years later.

The story is full of love, angst, sadness, longing, friendship, broken hearts, and mending those broken hearts. You will need some tissues with this story......

Twenty-six-year-old Elsie Sherman has had a crush on her brother’s best friend, Henry Logan, since she was twelve years old. Unfortunately, Henry—now an Air Force officer—has only ever treated her like a younger sister, stepping into her brother’s shoes after he was killed in action.

I loved Elsie and Henry. They started out as friends when they were teenagers. Jason (Elsie’s brother was Henry’s best friend. They did everything together including joining the Air Force together) Henry had always thought of Elsie as Jason’s bratty little sister, and as time went on was like a big brother to her. When tragedy strikes Elsie’s family’s life Henry steps in to be there for Elsie and comfort her in her time of need, always keeping his own feelings for her hidden.

That is, until the night when one dance ignites a sensual fire between the two, leaving Elsie aroused and confused. Is she allowed to lust after her surrogate big brother, who also happens to be her roommate? As the passion between them crosses the line into a territory that teases with the forbidden, Elsie decides to give herself to the man she has always desired. But Elsie is not prepared for where the relationship will take her.

We get to see what happens when you finally show your true feelings for someone, but then turn around and have to leave and leave the person you love behind. Elsie and Henry are put to the test. When Henry comes back from war he is not the same man who left 6 months before. Things start to get really strained between him and Elsie.

Henry has been harboring two secrets. One can bring them closer together. The other will tear them apart. Now, with each startling new revelation, Elsie realizes that only she can decide if the past can ever be forgiven—and if a future with Henry is worth fighting for.

Is their love worth fighting for? Can Elsie forgive Henry for what he has done? Will Henry be able to redeem himself in her eyes and get her trust again?

What do you do when the person who told you they love you turns around and tells you they are leaving because they need to figure out who they are? That is the true test for Elsie and Henry.

If you love a great soldier story with love and the trials and tribulations that come with being a soldier and loving someone so much you try to do the right thing by them, then this is a story to read. Their path to happiness is not an easy one, they have a lot to get through to get to their happily ever after. It truly is one amazing journey. I felt like I was right there with them throughout the whole story.

I honestly think that is enough from me. I went into this book simply from reading the synopsis. I read no reviews before reading this book. I think anyone who reads this should do the same so that you get the full effect of the story that June has given to us. I for one and Truly happy that I had the chance to read this story. It will definitely be a book that I own in paperback as well. ( )
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
I'm reviewing the entire series here. And it's a 4 .

Sweet emotional story about Elsie, who had lost her brother in Afganistan. Elsie is living with Henry, his best friend, with whom she's been in love with since her early teens.

We are taken on a rather emotional journey, on both sides, Henry's and Elsie's. And how they deal with Jason's loss, they're blooming romance and Henry's deployment and return.

Quick, sexy read. Very much enjoyed it. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
To the men and women married to the military:
You are the strongest, kindest, most courageous people I've ever had
the pleasure of knowing and I am proud to be in your company.
Military life is tough, be we are tougher.
It wasn't my fault - at least, not entirely.

June Gray's bestselling erotic serial is now available in print for the first time—as one complete novel.

When the secrets of the past begin to surface, the truth can be disarming…

Includes a never-before-published bonus short story.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:13 -0400)

When the secrets of the past begin to surface, the truth can be disarming...Twenty-six-year-old Elsie Sherman has had a crush on her brothers best friend, Henry Logan, since she was twelve years old. Unfortunately, Henry, now an Air Force officer, has only ever treated her like a younger sister, stepping into her brothers shoes after he was killed in action.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible