The Edge of Hope by Alina Popescu

by Alina Popescu

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bygsc55, dlynch, MicheleCobb

The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1) by Alina Popescu

Alexa was in Bucharest to write her new vampire novel when asked to be interviewed by Anthony of All Things Vampires. It was great PR for her book before its release. Little did she know meeting Anthony would change her life forever.

I really enjoyed The Edge of Hope. It was a fresh variation in vampire novels.

The character development is well done, especially Alexa, who definitely grew in the novel. She overcomes a bad break up to be thrown into an unknown world of vampires and not be pushed around. There are two sides to Anthony. He is a pretty good actor. Then there is the compassionate vampire Louis, who you are glad Alexa has to lean on.

I liked Alexa. She is strong and admirable. I loved that she is an author and figured out the true evolution of vampires. Anthony is the villain you love to hate – jerk. I really liked Louis, but I’m not sure how I felt about him at the end of the book. I’ll let you know what I think about him after I read book two. I sense that he is hiding something.

There was a definite feeling of evolution in the Edge of Hope. It was almost like reading a distinct story each time Alexa’s life changed. I think the writing style made the story seem all the more convincing. It was well-written and fascinating.

As for the ending - Holy Cliff hanger! Alina please don’t make us wait too long for Bad Blood #2. If you enjoy paranormal stories that evolve with an interesting twist you should enjoy this book.

Complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Apr 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,633,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible