Locke (Corps Security, #5) by Harper Sloan

Locke (Corps Security, #5)

by Harper Sloan

Locke has always been my favorite of the Corps Security guys. I think he stole the show in book 1 and continued to do it throughout the others. I could not wait to read this book.

Locke's backstory was not at all what I was anticipating. He was always described so dark that I was assuming something way worse. I liked finally finding out about his life before, during and after his military career, but it was nowhere near as traumatic as I was expecting. What he went through was definitely no walk in the park, but the way it was presented makes it come off more toward ridiculous than heartbreaking. Maddox was surrounded in all this mystery and danger in the other books, kind of a stoic badass sage, and Emmy was a little mousy princess type. Actually, Emmy's past got waaaaaay more WTF's from me than Locke's did.

I have to admit, I lost the respect and feelings that I had for Emmy after getting her story. I can't understand her. I don't know why she put herself in the position that she did when she was 21 and definitely when she went back.Jesus, it's a miracle I'm not completely screwed up with the douche twins as my parents.
Locke is still a great guy in this book. He faces his past and accepts his problems. He has interesting piercings which I love. He has a pretty awesome fight scene where we get to see him use some hot moves.I've learned from the past that you don't push Maddox, and when he's ready to tell you something, he'll do it on his time.
Some points that I really liked and must mention: The therapy box idea sounded genius to me. Anyone with a painful past could use this as a means to help them get beyond it. The hug between Locke and all the ladies of the group he has helped along the way was such an awww moment. I also thought it was sweet when he was looking at the pictures and flashing back to the memories, especially the sleeping photo. Probably my favorite part is the epilogue, seeing him interact with his kids. And just learning about the next generation is pretty cool.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/10/locke-by-harper-sloan-bl... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Harper did not disappoint in Locke. It was everything I imagined and MORE. Locke was deep, dare and desirable. Emmy was innocent and sweet, or so we all thought! Everyone has their secrets, and to find out what these two were hiding just blew me away. I was choked up with emotion and sometimes tears through this whole book. To say that some people should not be parents is an understatement. Here I thought Locke's experience in the military was where he developed his issues, WRONG! Emmy, well I won't even go there, read the book, you will NOT be disappointed!! ( )
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
It went by too fast!!! No time is wasted in giving us the heartbreaking past of both Locke and Emmy. What was different is Locke let his past break him and Emmy refused to let it define her until she lost the man who brought her out of the hell she was living in 4 years ago. Losing her best friend Coop and the guilt she felt over him saving her life at the cost of his and added with Locke’s continued rejections she runs back to hell.

This was the first step in knocking some sense back in to Locke and he went and got his woman but unfortunately it took a few more knocks upside the head from Emmy before his long overdue healing process really started.

I liked that even though Locke is an Alpha man to his core Emmy was really the strong one in the relationship and it didn’t make Locke look any less of a man.

This is the last book in the Corps Security series so it was bittersweet to read. It’s been a great ride and I’ve loved getting to meet Axel, Cage, Beck, both Coopers and Locke and their women and hope we get the next generation of these men in future books.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Maddox Locke did NOT disappoint. Once again I fell in love. This series is almost as high on my list as my Kristen Ashley and that is saying a LOT for me. Maddox was again absolutely amazing and I loved Emmy's story also. I would highly suggest reading this series in order and READ IT. I am serious the entire book. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
4.5 bitter sweet stars! I really had to take my time to think about how to rate this book. I have been a Corps Security Babe from day one! I have craved Locke's story for just as long. My expectations were high. Very high. SUPER HIGH. With each book we knew there was something dark hidden with him and it was a tortuous wait!

When I first started reading this I couldn't stop. My heart was pounding and I could not get enough of him. I wanted MORE and all of it at once! I felt slightly disappointed because in retrospect I think I was expecting the impossible. I stopped reading for a few days and went back to it with a better perspective. I read it slowly that time and took in all the subtleties. It really was everything I wanted looking back.

I will miss them all. The last chapter made me happy and hurt my heart that this chapter of Corp Security is over. I look forward to the next generation. ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible