The Duke's Quandary (Marriage Mart Mayhem…

The Duke's Quandary (Marriage Mart Mayhem Series Book 2)

by Callie Hutton

162615,960 (4)None

The Duke's Quandary is a charming story about a socially awkward girl and a man looking for the perfect girl. Drake is the Duke of Manchester. Even though his parents married for love and his sisters are looking to marry for love, he decides he has no room in his life for love. He is in search of the perfect duchess.

Penelope doesn't wish for a Season. She'd rather stay in the country to study plants, but her aunt has other ideas. Her aunt sends her to town to endure a Season with the help of a family friend. Penelope reluctantly goes, however, she does not intend to marry. Drake and Penelope have an easy friendship and are extremely attracted to one another. Because they want different things, there lies the quandary.

I really enjoyed reading this book, but at times I found myself frustrated by it. The writing was good, the story line was good, the romance was good. So what was my problem. My feminist side was kicked into high gear with how dismissive the males were to Penelope's interest and career in Botany. The author was true to the times and portrayed how hard it was for women who wanted something more than to be a wife and mother.

I really enjoyed this book and I hope the author continues writing historical romance. Perhaps she could continue with the Duke's sisters. He had so many. It would be great to see them get their happy endings, too!
Read more at http://www.toreadornottoread.net/2014/03/review-dukes-quandary-by-callie-hutton.... ( )
  mt256 | Mar 22, 2014 |
THE DUKE'S QUANDARY by Callie Hutton is an delightful Regency Historical Romance set in 1814 England. #1 in the "Marriage Mart Mayhem" series, and what a beginning!

Meet, Drake, Duke of Manchester and Miss Penelope Clayton.

An enjoyable read with engaging characters, and an interesting storyline. If you had to choose between a perfect, society miss or an imperfect Duchess, which would you chose? Decisions, decisions!

Penelope is awkward,social butterfly she is not, but a botanist and a bluestocking. But enter Drake, to help her become a social butterfly and beautiful debutante.

Oh wait, he finds she is enchanting as well as irresistible. For Penelope goes from one mishap to another. Filled with witty banter, passion and the romance of a lifetime. You will not regret your choice to read "The Duke's Quandary". An enjoyable read! I enjoy this author's stories, and this was no exception.

Received for an honest review.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Mar 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,460,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible