Tell Me You're Sorry by Kevin O'Brien

Tell Me You're Sorry

by Kevin O'Brien

I adored it with all my heart and am loneing it to friends and i couldn't believe how vivid and real it felt reading it. It was a 10 out of 10. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
TELL ME YOU’RE SORRY by Kevin O’Brien, is an intriguing and complex crime mystery of secrets, for an engrossing and intense thriller ride!

Stephanie, an airline pilot is heart-broken, from her sister Rebecca’s suicide (as they were so close, so how could this happen), and she was so close to her niece and nephew. Her brother- in- law has remarried less than six months after the death of his wife, which seems strange.

On Thanksgiving night, there is a home invasion and the entire family is killed, as Stephanie had a call from her niece. All are shot execution style except for the new bride who has had her face obliterated by gun shots.

Stephanie and her brother in law have a falling out prior to this and loses contact with her only family, and nothing makes sense, as she thinks something is wrong and does not add up.

Stephanie hires a private investigator to look into the woman who married her brother in law. Her private investigator’s given up a year later when Stephanie hears of another tragedy. Shortly after his wife’s suicide Brent Farrell remarried and apparently, after embezzling money he’s overcome with guilt and kills his family. Separate incidents with two common threads—a first wife who took her own life, and a secret the victims took to their graves.

Stephanie begins her own investigation into the deaths, turned up in two other cases and reaches out to Ryan, (Brent’s son), the teen whose family died in a similar fashion. As they work together, they need to discover a motive, leading them to the one who can offer answers—they race for time, before a murderer strikes once again, especially when her career is threatened, she knows her suspicions are correct.

Step by step, they're uncovering a trail of brutal vengeance and a killer who will never relent—and whose forgiveness can only be earned in death. Flashing back and forth from the victims, to the investigation, and the serial killer for a fast paced page turner.

I listened to the audiobook and narrator Michael Kramer offered a tension filled performance and enjoyed Stephanie’s character. This was my first book by O’Brien and look forward to reading more.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 26, 2014 |
I had never heard of this author before. I bought the book on a whim. Excellent story, yeah you have a feeling what is happening, who the bad guy is and how it will end, you are along for the ride waiting for the characters in the book to figure it out, but it is still an intense wild ride. Some great plot twists as well. ( )
  zmagic69 | Aug 5, 2014 |
Stephanie has had a lot of loss. When her sister commits suicide for no apparent reason, Stephanie is heart broken. But when her sister's entire family, including a new wife, is killed in a home invasion, Stephanie just can't accept the decision of the local authorities. She starts investigating and finds that this has happened before, could the mysterious new wives of the recently widowed men have something to do with the murders?

This book was great. It had a bit of everything. There was mystery, action, good character development. And it features one of the most cold blooded killers I have ever read. It is a really scary book in some places but not really horribly graphic in it's violence.. I really liked the way the story unfolded. It was not too fast but it did not wait until the last 50 pages to reveal everything either. This was my second Kevin O'Brien book and both have been real winners. I am going to be reading more of his works. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jul 7, 2014 |
TELL ME YOU’RE SORRY

By Kevin O’Brien

A year is way too long to wait for a Kevin O’Brien thriller to hit the shelves or electronic devices. Science must come up with a way to crawl into his mind as he is writing and then telepathically send the pages to his readers.
Long story short, I stumbled upon Mr. O;Brien’s thrillers quite by accident. I would see them in the store I managed but never picked one up until one day my curiosity got the better of me. It was THE LAST VICTIM. I remember sitting on my sister’s back deck along with my niece Heather and I was so blown away by this man’s ability to tell not only a great story but keep all of the story lines and plot twists in check so the reader does not lose interest.
Long story short, even a bit longer I made it my quest to read ‘everything’ this man had published. I bought them all except for one I could not find unless I went over to the competition. So I went to the competition. I emailed Mr. O’Brien after I read them all and in some cosmic World Wide Web way we became ‘internet besties!

Trying to match up TELL ME YOU’RE SORRY with comparable books would be a sin. I believe it is now listed as the 8th deadly sin.
This thriller will make you re-think EVER dating online or agreeing to meet a stranger online for drinks or coffee.
Stephanie Coburn, a pilot with an impeccable flying record has been subject to quite a few major losses in her personal life. Her only sister committed suicide; her brother in law has remarried very soon after her sister’s death. Her niece and nephew look up to her and feel the need to reach out to her. Thanksgiving night, there is a home invasion and the entire family is killed. All are shot execution style except for the new bride who has had her face obliterated by gun shots. Nothing makes sense.
As Stephanie begins to unravel the killings she begins to discover that there is a connection between her family’s gruesome murders and the murder’s of two other families with almost the exact family dynamic. Mother commits suicide, father remarries soon after and then the entire family is murdered.
What is the connection? That is the sheer joy of reading such a timely and entertaining thriller with so many plot twists and turns one could get a bit dizzy.
Life just doesn’t get any better when you have the latest thriller by Kevin O’Brien in your hands or on your electronic device. ENJOY!

Jim Munchel
  LelandGaunt | Apr 24, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786031603, Mass Market Paperback)

A family is wiped out after a burglary gone wrong. An executive accused of embezzling kills himself and his loved ones. A house fire claims the lives of all its inhabitants. Separate incidents with two common threads—a first wife who took her own life, and a secret the victims took to their graves.

The police won't listen. Her only ally is another victim's son. Step by step, they're uncovering a trail of brutal vengeance and a killer who will never relent—and whose forgiveness can only be earned in death.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:01 -0400)

"A family is wiped out after a burglary gone wrong. An executive accused of embezzling kills himself and his loved ones. A house fire claims the lives of all its inhabitants. Separate incidents with two common threads-a first wife who took her own life, and a secret the victims took to their graves. Stephanie Coburn has barely recovered from her sister's mysterious suicide before her brother-in-law and his new wife are murdered, her face disfigured beyond recognition. Stephanie never met the bride, has never even seen a clear photograph. But she knew her sister, and she knows something is desperately wrong. The police won't listen. Her only ally is another victim's son. Step by step, they're uncovering a trail of brutal vengeance and a killer who will never relent-and whose forgiveness can only be earned in death"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible